𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍.

𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙖 ⓧ

I was mortified, how could Kairi do that, purposely make that guy spill juice on me and Cynthia, then kiss me in front of her. I passed by Robert and Alvaro as I chased after Cynthia, she went to the girl's bathroom. And I know damn well that it's wrong to go in there, even if I and Cynthia are friends. "Cynthia, please," I said as I knocked on the girl's bathroom door. "What happened?" Robert asked me, "Go 'way." I told him before knocking again.

-

"Hi mijo, how was it, babe?" My mom asked as I closed the front door behind me, "Fine." I lied as I walked over and wrapped my arms around her, she hugged back. "What happened? Why is your shirt wet?" She asked, but I shook my head, just squeezing her tighter. "It's nothing, I'm fine." I told her, "I just wanna go upstairs, and uh..wipe this makeup off, then go to bed." I told her, and she nodded with a small smile, "I'm glad you had fun tonight babe, goodnight sweetie." She told me, "Night mama." I smiled then kissed her cheek before going to my room.

I went to my bathroom, grabbing one of my mom's makeup wipes that she gave me from the cabinet, and wiping the foundation and powder off of my face, cheek, nose, jaw. Everywhere. Then throwing the makeup wipe out, I looked back up at my reflection, seeing all the bruises scattered all over my face, I grabbed my toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it. I hate the fact that I had to ask my mom to put makeup on me. Bruises aren't attractive to everyone, and I didn't want anyone to think I was crazy with bruises, scratches, and shit all over my face.

The car ride to drop the boys off was definitely...awkward. Robert sat in the passenger seat, Kairi, Ale, Roshaun in the second seat behind us. And Alvaro was sitting in the trunk. I didn't speak to any of them and didn't even make eye contact with Kairi. It was just too weird, he knows what he did was wrong. At least to me, it was. I washed my toothbrush, then took out a small cup of Listerine, putting it in my mouth and gargling it. I heard my phone beep, I took it out from my pocket, seeing it was Kairi. I deleted the message and started taking his dirty shirt off that he lent me. I dropped it on the floor, with my jeans and underwear, socks. Then neatly put my shoes in my closet.

I heard my phone ring again, I reached over seeing Ale's contact name. I rolled my eyes but answered it as I grabbed my towel and turned the water on. "What." I answered, "Whatsup bruv." He replied in a funny voice. "Is that all you had to say?" I asked, "Jesus, what happened to you?" Ale asked, I hung up and turned my phone on silent. stepping in the shower.

-

"Mattia!" I heard my mom shout from the kitchen, I rolled over on my other side, groaning a bit because I hurt my rib a bit, "Your gonna be late for school!" She shouted. I shoved my face into a pillow and tried shutting out her voice, trust me. I love my mom with my whole heart, but I don't feel like getting up for school today. "Mattia!" Her voice sounded closer and closer, I quickly sat up as I pushed my blankets off of myself. "Mattia-wake up, your gonna be late." She said, but I shook my head. "Mama, can I please not go in today?" I asked, she gave me a confused look as if she was asking why.

"Something happened at the party yesterday, and I really just don't wanna go in, but I promise, I'll go in tomorrow and make up the work for the class." I told her, she hesitated a bit, "Fine," She said, closing the door behind her, I sighed as I plopped back down in my bed. Silently thanking my mom in my head.

-

𝙆𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙞 ⓧ

"I'm an idiot, god I'm such an idiot," I repeated over and over again, just to get it through my head. "That's the 8th time you've said that this morning Kai," Ale said as he closed his locket and pulled me by my backpack to follow him. "Did you see her this morning?" I asked with a whisper, "Nope, and I didn't see him either, so I doubt they're here today." Ale told me. "Do you think that they're together?" I asked, "You purposely made someone spill juice on them, and you kissed him in front of her...I doubt there together Kai." Ale said.

"Who's gonna walk me to first period?" I asked, and Ale shrugged, "I would walk you but I don't have a substitute, and my teacher is super strict about being on time." Ale told me, "It's okay." I muttered under my breath. I could feel everyone watching me as I walked down the hallway with Ale, I could feel them judging me, deep down, they hated me, they hated me because I ruined the cute couples moment at the dance. "Alright, Kai. I gotta go." Ale told me, I grabbed onto his arm. "No, no please Ale," I begged, "I'm gonna be late Kai, I gotta go, love you bye," he took my arm off of him and ran off to class.

I looked around at everyone and ignored them, putting my hood over my head and speed-walking to class. I might or might not have been looking around the halls as I almost ran to first period for Mattia. Just to see if he ended up coming into school. But there was no sign of him at all. So I just went to my class...it was definitely difficult not seeing him, I guess I just miss his presence being here.

-

"Has Mattia said anything to you guys?" Alvaro asked as he saw down next to me at our lunch table. "Nope, he didn't answer any of my texts yesterday." Robert shook his head, "I'll call him right now, hopefully, he answers." Ale said as he sat down and took his phone out, I sat up to see if Mattia answered. "Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring, hi this is Mattia, if I'm not answering your call, I'm always on my phone so I'm either ignoring you or for once, I'm actually off of my phone. So call me later, bye—" Mattia's voicemail went off. "Just went straight to voicemail." Ale shut his phone off and opened his bottle of water, "Do we have soccer practice today after school?" Alvaro asked, Ale, nodded.

And I groaned, I just wanna go home, but no. We gotta go to stupid soccer practice. "So Mattia has to be there right? Because if he misses it, Coach will be upset." Alvaro said, and Ale nodded, "So he might come in just for soccer practice." He shrugged. He probably doesn't even care, hopefully, his mom called Coach and told him that Mattia wouldn't be in today because one of his friends kissed him. I'm surprised that none of the other boys know what happened, other than Ale. I guess Mattia didn't tell them...

-

I'm in the middle of study hall, just pretending I'm doing work so my teacher won't bother me, I'm so used to me and Mattia texting during this class because we're bored, so it was 10 times more boring since Mattia and I weren't even communicating. I grabbed my phone and opened my computer so the teacher didn't see me using my phone. I went onto my old chats with Mattia.

me - can we talk ?

me - i'm sorry mattia. but at least text back so we can talk.

me - please ?

read 12:13...

I got upset seeing that he had left me on read. I'm so used to it that it doesn't phase me that much anymore, but right now when I actually really need to talk to him and apologize, it hurts.

-

𝙈𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙖 ⓧ

I finished up doing some homework and shut my computer, my phone beeped once again, I looked over, seeing it was Alvaro.

shorty 🐥

shorty 🐥 - heyyyy

shorty 🐥 - ik ur seeing my messages bc u have read on. what's up.

shorty 🐥 - aweee, don't be boring. plz answer !

shorty 🐥 - are you gonna be here today in soccer practice?

shorty 🐥- fine, if your not gonna answer me, at least answer kairi, he's really upset. why are you so mad ? did we do something wrong ?

I shut my phone off, trying my best to ignore Alvaro's messages. I definitely felt bad, but I really don't feel like talking to anyone right now, it's not worth it, I don't even care if Coach gets mad at me. It's not worth seeing Kairi and getting embarrassed all over again.

-

wow...it hurts writing Mattia being too scared to even be seen with Kairi :(