Chapter 11: Wolf Among Sheep

Start from the beginning

"You know what else he told me?" he growled at her. "That you got more of my men killed like the crazy fucking bitch you are."

"But I'm sure he forgot to mention the part where he left me for dead and I had to walk three hours to get back here," she hissed.

"So you gonna tell me what actually fucking happened then?"

"Believe what you want, seems like you already made up your mind. I've got nothing to say to you."

Negan glared back at her, and Carson interrupted, breaking the tension between the two of them. "Donald's going to make it. His vitals are steady, he just suffered a serious amount of blood loss."

Negan turned to look at him and walked over to the young man lying in a bed. "What happened to him?"

"He got bit. Ellen amputated his leg and stopped the spread, carried him back. She thought on her feet and saved his life," Carson said simply.

Negan turned to look back at Ellen, a questioning expression on his face. "Well?"

Ellen looked back at him, tired, her legs burning from her long trek. "What do you want? I shouldn't have to explain myself."

Negan frowned, before walking over to her and grabbing her roughly by the collar. He dragged her out of the room and shoved her unceremoniously down the hall.

Ellen protested when she realized he was leading her back to the cell block she'd been staying in when she first got there.

"No fucking way," she said, stopping in her tracks, a feeling of dread threatening to creep up on her at the thought of another night in the dark cell. "Why?"

Negan opened the cell door. "Well, you don't want to fucking talk so apparently, this is the only place I can put your dangerous, uncooperative ass."

Ellen stared at him, shocked. "What are you talking about?"

"Get in," Negan growled.

She felt wounded, and looking into Negan's angry eyes didn't help. "Fuck no! I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Enough!" Negan yelled. "Get the fuck in! I'm not playing your stupid little games! I've seen how fucking insane you are, you have no goddamn self control! You're gonna get all of my fucking men slaughtered, just like you did today!"

Ellen frowned in disbelief and struggled as he roughly shoved her into the cell.

"I didn't kill anybody, Negan."

Negan met her gaze, his wordless expression burning a hole through her, before closing the door in her face.

"Negan, wait!" she screamed through the door.

She banged at the door for a few minutes, before sliding down it and burying her face in her arms.

---

"Wake up sunshine, you've got a busy day ahead of you," a voice called from the sliding hole in the cell door.

Ellen groaned, coming to, recognizing Simon's voice.

She slowly forced herself to her feet, her legs sore and shaky from the previous night's events. Her head pounded and her mouth was dry.

"I need water, asshole."

The cell door opened and Simon tossed the woman an outfit that resembled a potato sack. She caught it quickly, examining it with a frown.

"Simon, I don't know what you were told, but I swear I'm innocent," she started.