fourteen // elle

just a warning this chapter will contain a little bit of gore and killing.⚠️

The coffee was warm against your hands, and you tapped it lightly as you surveyed the small coffee shop. It was midnight now and the rain had reduced to a light sprinkle, and there was no one else in the shop besides an old couple, sitting and watching the rain, the teenager at the register and a man using the pay phone outside. "Y/n. You okay?" You look up to meet the eyes of Will Byers with a nod. "We can't stay here for long, Will. It's only a matter of time before someone comes looking for me." You whisper. You realize that across from you Joyce Byers is shaking and shivering from the cold rain. "Mom? Do you want my jacket?" Will asks quietly, noticing too. She quickly nods and brushes him off, claiming she's warm and okay. Slowly you reach your hand across the table to hers. "Mrs Byers... I believe you don't know what my powers are yet...right?" She looks back at you, with a small hint of fear, but doesn't pull her hand away. "I can help you. If you trust me." You say, quietly. She hesitates. "Pyrokenises. The ability to conduct heat energy within your body, and manipulate fire with your mind." Her eyes slightly widen. "I- I don't know if i get burn-." "Mom. It works... her hands- they're er- warm. Its.. nice." Will whispers, and you could almost feel his face just get a little warmer. Joyce cocks her head and looks oddly between the two, causing Wills face to get even warmer. Then, she gives you a nod. You cup her arm and hand in your own and close your eyes, effortlessly creating heat upon her skin. She almost sighs in relief and an instant smile on her face erases the chatter of her teeth. "Thank you." She watches as a single drop of blood from your nose lands on your napkin. You pull away and wipe at your nose with a smile.

Then suddenly there's a crackling noise, and the old couple seated nearby are dead on the floor. The cashier screams in horror and rushes to the phone, but before she can make it she's shot with a gun in the back of the head. Instinctively you pull Will and Joyce down to the floor, and scream at them to cover their heads. Black boots come closer to the table, and in horror you realize your deadly mistake. The man at the pay phone is now pointing a gun straight at your head. "012." He says quietly, so that only you can hear. "How long have you been watching us?" You say, getting up and preparing for a fight. You stand causally leaning against the booth, but your eyes remain narrow and asserting. "I think you mean we." Suddenly other men emerge from the back door of the cafe, and in that moment you're surrounded. "Long enough to know you're just a stupid girl who was never cut out for this mission." General Adrick. You know if you surrender they will kill Will and Joyce anyways, but if you fight back, maybe they will have a chance to escape. "I know what you're thinking 012, and it's not going to work. Remember we still have your precious and beautiful mother locked away forever in Russia. If you do anything to resist you know the consequences." Your hands begin to shake. It's not about saving yourself , it's about saving your first real friends, or the last person in your family.

What would mom have wanted?

Her eyes, sparkling against the blue of the ocean. She stands next to your father, who's busy fishing off the boat. "Momma, Do I have to fish too? Like dad is?" You ask, skimming a hand through the water. She shakes her head. "You can do anything you want sweetie. Although we are your parents, there's more to life than just us. Do what you want, choose what makes you feel your happiest." Your dad hums in agreement. "So...can I go swimming instead?" You ask. Your father laughs, "Of course, go on now, don't let us tie you down!" The next thing you know you are jumping into a sea of peace and blue, sinking down yet staying afloat.

"I'm sorry mom. One day i'll save you and avenge you, I promise." You whisper so quietly no one can even tell you said anything.

The energy moves quicker than it ever has before through you, fire is everywhere. Burning in bright flames you watch as it nears close to the Russians in front of you. "RUN! RUN NOW!" You yell loudly at Will and Joyce, and Joyce doesn't need to be told twice. Grabbing Will by the shirt you watch at his legs move robotically until they're safe outside. Bullets start to fire, coming from the men in front of you, but their aim is terrible due to the fire and smoke that is filling all of your lungs. You start to feel heavy yourself, but it's no time to let down guard. A man emerges suddenly from the smoke, firing at you and attempting to sling his arms around you, but you kick his stomach and sent him flying into the glass window. Another man, this time coming at you with a knife is disarmed by you once again and with a powerful hiss he is burned to a crisp by your hand on his face. A pattern sees through until there are 6 bodies on the floor in front of you, either burned to a crisp or passed out, but you know one is still somewhere out there. Adrick. The smoke has increased now and it's beginning to fill your lungs, to the point where for a moment the world goes dizzy. You need to get out. Crawling through a window you find yourself on the sidewalk, but after all of that you find your powers are substantially draining. You feel tired, and heavy and thick, and your hands are covered in blood from your nose. You lurch on the side of the street, coughing and spluttering debris and smoke, when you hear someone walking towards you. And there he is, Adrick. He laughs as he watches you hunched over. "I knew you could handle those men, but you have never once been able to defeat me." "You bastard." You say, spitting blood and rising weakly to confront him. "Id rather not kill you, so I recommend this is as your final chance to surrender." He pulls out a drug vial, which you instantly recognize. It's the same kind of injection you were supposed to use on Elle to kidnap her. A type that upon even 1 milligram entering your bloodstream, can send you into a coma like state in seconds. "Since you couldn't use it on her..." She said,  edging closer, knife in hand. "I'll have to use it on you." He leans down to strangle you, and you immediately fight back by pushing him against the concrete. It's a back-and-forth battle of pushing each other and kicking of the limb for a few seconds, and you try so hard and desperately to use your power to burn him, but a lack of concentration and energy leaves you too breathless to do so. Maybe this is it, you think, maybe there really is no way out, and will never be one for the rest of your life, but at least Will and Joyce aren't here to see your death. Or so, you hope. Adrick flings his arm around your neck and your wind is knocked out of you as he pins you to the floor. You try to escape his grasp from under him until you an incomprehensible pain ricochets from your left leg. You see red, so much red blood and scream as you realize he's stabbed you with the knife . Your vision goes half black for a second and you loose coherence of the world around you, but you watch as he laughs and inches the vial closer and closer to your skin. It edges over your neck and you feel the cold metal of the stick begin to pierce through your throat.

Then,
Adrick goes flying backwards.
He screams as he crashes into what's left of the coffee shop, and as he hits the burning flames he screams even more. His body rises up again, floating and defying gravity, and you watch in confusion as his body goes flying outside and hits a wall. You have no idea what caused his body to move against his own will, but when you see his back broken and immobile state, you take the chance. Grabbing a sharp peice of glass from the debris you crawl over to him with all the energy you have left to finish him. "AAAAAH. FUCK YOU!" You scream, and he's too weak to even move as the glass penetrates his throat. Tears begin to fall as your clothes stain with his blood, and he begins to choke. Maybe it's anger, maybe it's the craving for revenge after all the years and decades of him torturing you, maybe it's for your mother, or maybe it's for your own security that you keep stabbing him, keep pressing the glass shard into his skin even though he's already dying, and keep screaming as his blood spills everywhere. He's dead and you just keep stabbing, stabbing until there's nothing left but blood and tears.
Then, there's a hand on your shoulder. It pulls you back by the waist, taking the glass shard from your bloodied hands. The person drags you down the street and presses a jacket to your injury. They wrap your hands around their own. "Y/n... It's okay... he can't hurt you any longer." Your breathing slows and the world begins to turn. "You need to rest." The female voice says. The colors begin to mix around you and you begin to feel light headed as your eyes feel like lead. You look up one final time before you pass out, and your eyes meet in gratitude and thanks to none other than Eleven Jane Hopper.

thank you guys for the support on finishing this! Only about 5 more chapters left to go!