ten// drugged

Y/n stood above Elles sleeping body at 3am. Max had never come back and the radio had gone silent after she called to ask about Elle.
Y/n knew her body guard was at the ready to take Elle and drive to the gate; yet something was bothering y/n.

You grabbed her wrist for seemingly the 10th time tonight, observing the 011 brand. You looked at it , connecting your pain to hers. It evoked an unexplainable emotion. Something that just couldn't bring you to drug her and lead her to her death. You thought about her friends, how they would react to her death, and how Mike would be broken for years. And even worse, they would find who you really are, and you'd lose your friends and go back to Russia.

But it depended on your mother.
Your mother back in Russia, locked away with Hopper, that wouldn't be let out unless you acted to Brenners standards.

What would your father want you to do?
Your father watching you in heaven, or wherever the afterlife is?

You held the syringe above Elles arm, right on her vein, just above the tattoo. You touched it to her skin, causing her to slightly move her leg, but not awaking her.

As you put your finger on the syringe, the needle started to poke in Elles skin. You looked at her sleeping peacefully and contemplated everything.

"3"
"2"
"I'm sorry Elle"

"Whatever, just hurry the fuck up Lucas!"
Your head propped up and the needle fell to the floor as you heard Mikes voice over the static radio. It was mumbled and low, almost as if they turned it on by accident.
"Did you see how many Russians came out of that place?! That monster had to have gotten so much bigger!" Lucas said over the radio, it sounded like he was sitting on it. "Yeah, we need to get to Max's house and discuss everything now. Let's not tell Elle though, I don't want to worry her."

The radio buzzed again and turned off. They had radioed you by accident.
"Shit."
The syringe had broken and the drugs had spilled over the carpet, leaving only a drop in the needle. Not enough to knock out Elle.

You began to make your way outside to get another syringe from your guard; but when you looked outside, he was gone. A note was placed in the door.

012. There's been an emergency. If you can't the girl; don't waste time. Come to the base immediately. Leave her behind if you have to.

You go back to Elle and write a note saying you went to go grab breakfast and leave the house in a hurry, sprinting all the way to the base. Finally once it's in view, a car almost hits you. The lights flash in your eyes and you sprint across, but it was all a blur. One thing stood out though. A bright redhead sitting in the passengers seat. Shit. You duck behind a bush as the car starts to move again and pray they didn't recongize you.

The base was a mess.
Shattered glass everywhere, panic, and a whole lot of cussing. By the time you arrived the monster had been contained on the Russian side once more and was weakened after many bullets. "You're late." Brenner sneered, grabbing you by the arm. "I'm sorry Dr, I was focused on my other mission." He rolled his eyes and pulled you into the electromagnetic wave room, which had become your torture room. "Let this be a reminder to always keep your radio on." He grabbed your wrists and tied them down, revealing a screen in front of you. The screen blurred until a clear face was seen. Your mother. Tears built in your eyes. You hadn't seen her in months. "M-mommy." She looked up with tired eyes at you and smiled. She looked horribly abused. "I missed you so much my y/n." She wipes her tears with her restraints and smiled. "We'll meet again. I promise." She began to sing the beginning of your favorite childhood lullaby as Adrick put an electric helmet on her. He turned the switch and as pain and electricity was sent through her brain the lullable became a chorus of screams. "NO! MOMMY! STOP PLEASE!" You screamed, but nothing would work. It was your fault for becoming to attached to Elle, you've lost your focus. "You could have avoided this if you listened to your radio and came to help us defeat the monster. All of our ammo would be in good supply, but because you decided not to, our supplies are drained and we are not ready to take the girl. Our timeline is ruined." Brenner sneered, slapping you across the face. "If you want your shit bag of a mother to see you again; you better work properly. Or she'll end up like your father; dead in an instant."

————

"T-they have Hopper. We need to tell Elle." Will said quietly after the long silence. "No! She'll put her life on the line to save him. We can't do that- not yet."Jonathan said back to him. The group of misfits stayed quiet for a minute as they contemplated what to do next. The government had cut off all contact with Joyce and it would take a lot to get them back. "The government would help us close the gate and defeat the Russians, but not get Hopper. They wouldn't risk it those selfish scumbags." Joyce stated, banging her hand on the table. "We have to wait it out and slowly investigate. Once we have enough information and evidence, we call the government and rescue Hopper. But for now, I think we should have Elle stay with that friend of yours; y/n." Muary said.

——
"Well thanks for letting me spend the night y/n
It was really nice of you." Elle said getting her together stuff by the door. "Anytime Elle! I may not be part of your little friend group yet but remember you're always my friend! See ya later!" You said as she started to leave. She jumped in the back of Joyce's station wagon and you made eye contact with Will, who was staring at you from the passenger seat. His face immediately went red as you smiled, and he fumbled with his hands to give you a shy wave. "Hey! Y/n! Can I talk to you real quick?" Joyce said, coming out of her car. "Nice to meet you by the way!" She said, holding out her hand. "Thank you so much for being a great friend. I work a lot so it's always good to know the kids have good friends to look out for them; by the way, is your father or mother home?" She asked, peeking into your home. "U-um no, he's at work. He works at the manufacturing company around 45 minutes away from town. He's hardly home, but I manage to- protect myself." You say as Joyce eyes the gun cases in your living room. "Ohh okay, and your mother?" She said. "I- my mother.. she's not around.." You say looking down at the floor, tears building in your eyes as you remember the previous night. "Oh sweetie." She says, hugging you. "I'm so sorry, Remember you always have me. Only a call away." Joyce smiled and you felt a pain being lifted of your shoulders. This was the moment you realized she was such a caring and amazing person. "Thank you Joyce..it means more than you know."
————

"I don't know. I still don't fucking trust her. That was definitely the car outside her house there." Mike said, eyeing Dustin and Lucas. "It could have been her neighbors car or something! It wasn't in her driveway, just parked on the side." Max said. "Look, I know we can't trust her fully because we don't know much, but who else is there to turn to at this point?" Will suddenly stood up as Mike started to argue. "JUST STOP! We can trust her! She's nice not suspicious and we all know if she wanted to do something to Elle she would have done it already! What other option do you have Mike?!" He said, getting dangerously close to him. "WILL! sometimes you are blind as fuck, you care too much and we all know why. You clearly have a crush on her! You haven't even known her for 6 months and you are already willing to trust her and spend the rest of your life with her! Can't you see! We don't know her background, why she has so many scars, why her dad is never around, how she is so rich, and most importantly why that car was at a Russian base!" Wills face glew red with the accusations of being in love with y/n. It was clearly true that he had never felt like this about a girl before, but it felt wrong Mike was trying to steer her away. "I think we have bigger problems to discuss rather than Wills crush and Mikes trust issues, we need to talk about getting Hopper." Jonathan said, inspiring a new conversation. "So what we've heard from Joyce and Muary is that that monster is still out there, and there is not  only 1 gate here in Hawkins, but one in Russia. Somehow we need to find a way to get across the portals and into Russia, but with the Russian Army there and gates being monitored, we need to find a better plan."

——-
Sorry for a such a uneventful and short chapter, it's for build up. I'm my opinion the book is moving too slow so imma try and add a lil spice to it soon :)