five // the gates

matter cannot be created or destroyed. There was one thing the government hid from the world after the Starcourt Mall incident. When the monster died, it's body did not stay. It disintegrated, just like the demagorgon and the flayed that was inside Will. It disappeared like black flakes into the air, never to be seen again. The Russians had opened the gate now, but what they didn't know was that the gate in Hawkins was still active, it was still healing. When the Russians opened the gate, it opened in two areas, creating multiple gates. One in Hawkins, And one in Russia. And more terrifying, the monster was able to get into the world of both. The matter of the flayed was still alive in the upside down, and it wanted nothing more than to kill eleven. And now, it could. You rushed through the doors of the facility, surrounded with worried scientists and guards. Your agent led you to Dr. Brenner. "Come with me. I hope your rested." He leads you downstairs and into a giant room. The sight was terrifying. A large hole, about the size of a house, was open. Small monsters and organisms crawled out, trying to get past the bullet proof glass, but failing terribly. Even scarier, you saw it. A monster, a terrible, dark monster, trying to make its way to the opening. You can tell it was confused, not knowing which gate to go through. You could see the Russian base on the other side, and soldiers from both sides fired at the monster, leading it to become weak. "They can't hold it for long." Brenner says, turning to you. "You need to weaken it. You can't kill it alone. You need the girl, but you need to try to weaken it." He then hands you a bottle of gasoline. Suddenly two men grab you by the hands and drag you past the bullet proof windows. You scream at them to let go, but they just keep going. You reach the opening of the gate, and a man whispers, "do what your told."

The upside down was cold and dark, making you feel terrible. Just as you remember it, you stare at the monster in shock. The monster that had hurt you years ago, was now ten times larger. You need to make it die. You reach your hand out, aiming at the monsters legs. You start to channel energy through your body, making it feel hot, and burning. Then finally, it comes out. You scream as streams of fire erupt from your hand, making your hands burn and bleed, but causing the monster to burn. You watch as it jumps in pain, surprised at what you have done. You begin to burn it more with your mind, but it begins to fight back. It swings an arm at you, causing you to fly back and hit the cold, gooey ground. Small bugs start to come onto you, latching themselves to your body. You scream and burn them away, frying your clothes. You look up to see the monster gaining distance, it was going to come after you. You reach up and grab the bottle of gasoline, circling around it. It follows you, confused by why you are going in a circle around it. It becomes angry as you run, and as you are about to complete the circle, it takes three arms and slams you against a group of demo dogs, causing you to weakly cry out in pain. The demo dogs begin ripping at your skin and hair, slowly tearing you apart. Despite the pain, you reach out your hand and focus on the circle of gasoline. Then it catches fire. It spreads quickly with the gasoline, trapping the flayer in a circle of fire. The demo dogs retreat, and Brenner drags you out of the Upside down and the gate begins to get smaller and smaller. You watch as the monster suffers, until the gate is small, the size of a bookcase. Then, you pass out. Bleeding and exhausted, your mind becomes fuzzy before everything goes black.