Chapter 38: Pregnancy, Troubles and Mystery

*LUKE'S POV*

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask her, because everyone in the house is already sleeping and I don't want to wake them up. "I'm talking about that I'm pregnant. With you. If you like it or not" she tells me. I shake my head "impossible." "Uhmm, not so impossible Lukey. It's not that long ago you came to me drunk as hell and we had sex" she says and comes closer to me. Then she starts running her fingers up and down my chest. "Get out of here" I say pulling her hand off of me. "You can't just send me away. What about our baby?" she asks. "I don't care. Go get an abortion or what" I say angrily. She really makes me mad. "Lukey, how can you talk like this?" she stands there with an open mouth. I turn to her, "just get out of this house and don't come back again" I tell her and when she's not moving, I catch her wrist and drag her downstairs and out of the house. "We're done. It's over. Just understand that. If this is any trick how you're trying to get me back, it's useless" I strain through my teeth. "But Lukey, it's true. I wouldn't lie about this" she refuses to leave. "Okay, fine. If it's really true, I want a proof that you're pregnant and that the baby is really mine. Because, let's be honest, we both know I'm not the only guy who you had sex with. Yeah Laura, you're such a slut. So, this baby is not mine until you don't prove it. Do you understand?" I ask and when she nods, I go back inside leaving her standing there.

I throw myself on the bed when I come back into my room. It can't be real. I hope this is just a bad dream. But it's not. It just happened. Yeah, I just kicked her out, but what if she really is pregnant and that baby is mine? What am I going to do. I can't lose Lacey once again. Fuck. I kick the air. I did a fucking big mistake when I went to her that night. I shouldn't go to her when he punched me. Yeah, I was drunk, but that's not an excuse. Why now? When everything starts to be alright again, she just comes and ruin it. Maybe we weren't meant to be. Maybe me and Lacey don't belong together. But I can't see the reason why would I be so deeply in love with her then. Or how many times are we supposed to go through things like this? I'm starting to be tired of destiny playing with us. If it really thinks it's funny, well, it's not. It really isn't.

*LACEY'S POV*

I wake up in the morning. Luke should pick me up about in an hour. We should finish with painting our apartment today. I start to get ready. I put on my black shorts, great t-shirt and pair of black Converse sneakers. I put my hair into a high ponytail. I call Daniel "hey Lace, what's up?" he asks when he picks up. "Hi Daniel. What are you doing today?" I ask him. "Uhmm, I don't have any plans, why?" he asks back. "Well, could you please help us repaint the apartment? It would be nice from you" I say. "Yeah sure. Why not? So, in 2 hours? I have to help to my dad with something, but I'll come, I promise" he says. "Okay, so see you later" I say. "See ya" he says and I end the call.

I don't get it. Luke should be here like 20 minutes ago. Well, it's not for the first time when he's late, but anyway. He is the one who wants it to be done as soon as possible. He's the one who will leave soon. Not me. I have plenty of time.

After an hour I stop thinking he will show up. I should call him. I dial the number "I can't talk to you right now" he says so quietly, that I can barely hear him. "But..." I try to protest, but the sound in the phone signalizes me he ended the call. What the hell is this about? Where is he when he spoke that quietly? I just hope this is not another surprise. I dial the number "hey, did you forget something or?" the voice on the other side says. "No, but can you please pick me up? Luke can't make it today" I say. "Okay, I'll pick you up" he says and ends the call.

Daniel parks the car and we get off. I lead him to the apartment. "Wow, it's so... empty" he says and I laugh. "Yeah, for now" I say. "So, it's just two of us?" he asks and I shrug. "I don't know. It seems like it. Luke should call his friends, but I don't think he did, and since he's not probably coming..." I shrug again. "Lacey? What happened?" he asks and I just shrug again. "I don't know. I just called him and he said he can't talk to me and ended the call. And it felt so weird. So wrong. I know that something is going on, but I don't have any idea what it is" I tell him. "Hey, maybe he just, uhmm... I don't know" he tries to calm me.

*DANIEL'S POV*

I don't like when she's sad. I really don't like this guy. He acts like he owns the whole world. Does he think that people will act like he wants them to? If he will break her heart once again, I'm going to break his neck. He's so annoying. She's not going to keep forgiving him forever, he should realize this. Once she will get tired of all of this. Okay, maybe he has a reason for what he is doing now. Maybe he's in trouble or what, but he could at least send her a text that he's not coming. I didn't like him since I heard the first sentence about him. What kind of boyfriend is he, that she can't tell his girlfriend he's not coming? It's not that hard!

*LACEY'S POV*

"We should probably start" I tell Daniel and he nods. We start to paint the room, which is supposed to be a bedroom. "Are you sure that you're okay?" he asks and I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine" I smile at him. We're painting the room when I hear the door slams. "Lacey?" the voice shouts. "Please tell me you are here" the voice shouts again. I roll my eyes "I'm here" I shout back. I hear steps coming closer and closer. They're fast. The person rushes into the room. "Hey, I thought you..." he doesn't finish when he spots Daniel. "What is he doing here?" he asks and point with his head at Daniel.

*LUKE'S POV*

"He's helping me painting" she says and smile. "I hope so" I mumble. I don't like when he's alone with her. "Come with me" I say and take her hand but she's not moving. "C'mon, I need to talk to you" I tell her and she looks at him. He nods and she follows me. What was that about? Like she doesn't trust me now or what? What the fuck is going on? I take her to the bathroom and close the door behind us. "What's going on?" she asks with her arms crossed on her chest. "Why didn't you let me know that you're going here?" I ask and she shrugs. "And why didn't you let me know you're not coming?" she resists. She's right. "Okay, so it's a tie" I wink at her and she smiles. "I think we should call more people" I say and hug her. She wraps her arms around me. "Yeah, maybe we should" she agrees. So I call Calum with Jade and Ashton. I don't want to call Michael because he will get stupid comments about everything. He can just go fuck himself.