Chapter 44: London

*LUKE'S POV*

3 months. 3 whole months. It's been 3 months since I saw her last time. I wonder how she is, what she is doing right now. I'm looking out of the window. I miss her so much. I want to be right next to her. I want to kiss her, hug her. I want to hold her. Michael and Ashton bring almost every night some girls to have fun with. Calum used to spend the time with Jade, since she's his fiancée now, but she left yesterday, so he's probably somewhere around. And I? I try to spend so much time alone as I can. I know I should move on, but I can't. I can't forget about her. My heart belongs to her. She stole it from me and she never gave it back to me. And I know she never will.

*LACEY'S POV*

We're dating for a month now, and I feel so happy like never before. We're sitting under the tree in the park. The same tree we met under. We're holding hands and I'm looking at him. He doesn't seem to be himself today. "Is everything fine? Did something happen or?" I ask him and he just shakes his head. "Daniel" I say his name and when he looks at me, I bite my lip. He kisses me. "I love you, you know that. Right?" he says and I nod. "I love you too" I tell him back.

We walk into my room. He closes the door behind us. I look at him and he looks sad. He bites his lip. "Lacey" he starts and sits down on my bed. He puts his hand next to him and the other one he holds to me. I come closer to him and put mine in his. He pulls me closer to him and look into my eyes so deep like I didn't even think it's possible. "Sit" he says and I sit down next to him. "I have to tell you something" he starts to talk. "Yesterday I got an offer to do an internship in London" he says. "That's amazing" I say and smile at him. "It's for a year. It means one year without you. We wouldn't see or touch or kiss each other for the whole year. If it would be few months, then fine. I can imagine I would survive it but not a whole year." I don't know what to say "yeah, it's a long time. But it's a really great opportunity for you. It can open so many doors for you" I say and he shakes his head and smiles. "Lacey, you know what would it mean. We would have to break up. I don't want to. And you're always like this. You always try to persuade people to use their opportunities, but you're not thinking about how it's going to affect you. You want just best for others but you would suffer for them just to get the best. You always put others first" he says and I kiss him. "Okay, I'm going to ask you. Do you want to go?" I ask him and he nods. "See, you want to go. You don't even know if we would be together for the whole year. Maybe we would break up in few weeks or few months and you would regret that you refused to go to London" I smile at him. "Okay, but we will stay friends, right?" he asks. "Right" I agree and he kiss me.

---NEXT WEEK---

*LACEY'S POV*

We're standing in the airport hall. Daniel is leaving to London. I actually don't want him to go, but it's a really great opportunity for him. I don't want to hold him back. "I have to go or I'll miss the flight" he says and kiss me one last time. I kiss him back. He leaves and I watch his back disappears in the crowd. I walk outside the airport. I stop and breathe in the air. I feel a tear strim down my face. I brush it away, but the other comes instead and then more and more tears. I run to the car and get in. I can't stand out there and let people to watch me cry.

*LUKE'S POV*

The plane touch down at the airport. We get off of it and go to inside of the airport. We pick up our bags and go outside. I didn't call anyone to pick me up, so I look around if I can't see any taxi here, and then I spot someone familiar walk out of the airport hall. That someone stops for a moment. I'm looking at her. I think she brushes her cheek, and then it seems like she's crying. I'm not sure about it, but then she runs to the car. But she sits on the backseat. What the hell is going on? I stop looking for a taxi and decide to go to the car.

I come to the car. It's still here. I think she's here alone. I open the door on the side where I saw her to get in. "Are you okay?" I ask her and she just shakes her head. I don't think she noticed it's me. I spot the car keys in her hand. I reach my hand for them and take the keys from her. Nothing. She just sits there crying. I close the door and put my bag and suitcase into the trunk. I get in the car and start it. She sits there and doesn't even look at me. I'm driving her home. I check her as much as I can, but she's still crying and doesn't pay any attention what's going on around her.

I pull on the driveway. "Lacey?" I say her name carefully. No reaction. "You're home" I say but she does nothing. I get off of the car. I take the keys and go to her. I open the door and she doesn't even look up to see what's going on. I take her out off of the car and close the door with my leg. I carry her inside the house and upstairs to her room. She has her arms wrapped around my neck and when I put her down on the bed, she doesn't want to let me go. "Lacey" I say, but she's still holding me. I roll my eyes. "Do you want me to stay?" I ask her and she unwraps her arms and turns her back to me. She lies here on the bed. I'm looking at her for few seconds and then I leave. I take my bags off of the trunk and start to walk home.