Chapter IX

Rosamund was rummaging through the assortment mess of papers, books, and maps littering her lab.

She lined up the maps and drew some lines before she sat back with a look of pure awe.

"Darling? Are you okay in here? I just got Varian to go back to sleep," Quirin said as he walked in and looked at his wife.

"I found it," Rose spoke suddenly as she turned to look at Quirin.

Quirin's eyes went wide. "Just so we're on the same page..."

"The Codex Semper," Rose confirmed and Quirin let out a light laugh.

"You did it. I knew you could do it, love!" Quirin wrapped her in a tight hug and kissed her.

Rose smiled as she kissed him back, throwing her arms around his neck.

"Are you going to go alone?" Quirin asked gently, not wanting her to be in any type of danger without anyone to help her.

"I'm gonna ask Lucia. She'll help me. I would take you, but Varian needs one of us to stay home," Rose explained and Quirin nodded with a smile.

"I know you and Lucia will be fine. I'll help you pack," Quirin replied as he kept her close to him.

He was so proud of her and he was glad that all of her research and sleepless nights had paid off.

💧

Anna growled as she acted out her character for charades.

"Uh, okay. Um, lion?" Kristoff guessed with confusion.

"Grizzly bear!" Olaf shouted out.

"Demon!" Aqua shouted as well.

"Uh, monster?" Varian guessed.

"Brown bear!" Olaf shouted again as Elsa tried to figure it out. "Hans!"

Anna looked at Olaf and nodded as she pointed at the snowman, telling him he was on the right track.

"Unredeemable monster!" Elsa finally guessed.

"Greatest mistake of your life!" Kristoff added.

"Wouldn't even kiss you!" Olaf continued and Arianna raised an eyebrow before Sven rang the bell.

"Villain!" Anna revealed and they all did an 'ohh' of realization.

"We all kind of got it," Olaf replied with a grin.

"Who's Hans?" Frederic asked curiously.

Aqua looked at her dad and laughed. "He's the prince that I told you about. The one that Anna suckerpunched."

"Oh, I remember you telling us that," Arianna remembered, nodding at her daughter. "Nice job, by the way."

"Thank you," Anna bowed playfully.

"Okay, Olaf. You're up," Kristoff said and Olaf hopped off the couch.

"Okay," the snowman walked over to the middle of the room. Ruddiger ran over to him with the basket of charades characters. "So much easier now that I can read. Lightning round, boys against girls!"

Sven rang the bell as Ruddiger flipped the hourglass.

"Okay, I'm ready. I'm ready. Go," Kristoff pumped himself up and Olaf started.

"Unicorn!" Varian guessed as Olaf rearranged himself with his carrot on his head.

"Ice cream!" Kristoff answered quickly.