Chapter VII

Rosamund hummed softly as she rocked Varian in her arms happily, twirling around her bedroom with a smile.

Quirin stood in the doorway quietly as he watched happily. He knew he had gotten so lucky to have a beautiful baby boy with his gorgeous wife.

Rose tucked Varian into his crib before she looked at Quirin. "He's getting so big. It feels like time is flying."

"I know, but he's gonna do great things when he's older. I just know it," Quirin said as he walked over, wrapping his arms around her happily.

"I love you so much, Quirin. You and Varian are my entire world," Rosamund said softly before she pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

Quirin kissed her back and held her close to him happily. "I love you so much more."

🌟

Varian walked beside his parents nervously as he looked around the street, curiosity sparkling in his little blue eyes.

"Why are we here momma?" Varian asked as he looked up at his mother.

"It's Princess Aquaria's first birthday. We're going to give her a gift and then we can go back home," Rosie said and Quirin chuckled lightly.

"I don't wanna see the princess," Varian replied quietly and Rose laughed.

They kept walking before they saw the queen and the young princess. Varian quickly hid behind his father's leg.

"Ah, Quirin, Rosamund, nice to see you again and who is this?" Queen Arianna asked with a smile as she looked at Varian.

Quirin chuckled lightly and glanced at the young boy. "This is our son, Varian. We normally don't bring him with when we come to the kingdom, but we thought we'd bring him along today."

The princess looked at Varian and waved with a smile. He gave a small smile as he waved a little. She seemed like fun and Varian was no longer afraid. Varian looked up at his mother and she smiled down at her son.

"Well, I'll see you at some other time, your majesty." Quirin smiled at the small princess.

"Oh, and happy birthday, princess," Rose said with a smile before she and Quirin bowed. They both left with Varian, leaving Aqua to watch them go.

Varian looked back at the young girl who was looking at him sadly. He stopped briefly, wanting to go back and give her a hug.

"Come on, Varian. We have to go get a few things," Rose said, leading her son away.

"But, I wanna play," Varian said softly, looking over his shoulder to where the princess had been.

🌟

Varian was clinging to his mother nervously as they stood in the throne room with a bunch of other people.

Aquaria waddled over to Varian, making the young boy look at her curiously.

"Hi!" She waved when she was next to Quirin, Rose, and Varian.

Quirin looked down before looking up at the king and queen, unsure if they knew the princess was away from them. Arianna looked at him with a smile and nodded, letting him know it was okay.