Chapter XVII

Art submitted by Rphil8988. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me that you took the time to draw this for me!

Rose groaned as she held her head. She looked up and saw that she was surrounded by books.

"Where am I? Quirin?" Rose sat up and looked around for her husband. "Quirin? Lucia?"

She pushed herself up and started breathing heavily. She saw the Codex Semper on the ground in front of her so she quickly grabbed it, holding it to her chest.

"Quirin?!" Her panic set in.

She saw what looked to be the exit.

It was a circular blue door that looked to have a key hole without the hole. Flowers and vines surrounded the door.

Rose turned around with her back against the door, starting to hyperventilate.

She looked up at the huge glowing blue structure that towered over her.

"What is this place?" Rose asked herself as her eyes followed the spiral staircase that climbed the cylinder shape of the walls.

She then yelped as she fell backwards, the door having opened on its own by two circular panels rolling off to either side.

Rose looked up to see a blonde haired woman with green eyes looking down at her.

"Who are you?" The woman asked as she stepped back in shock.

"My name is Rosamund. I don't know where I am. Can you help me?" Rose asked quickly, desperately wanting to get back home.

"You're in the secret library under the palace of Enchancia. My name is Matilda, but please call me Tilly," the woman introduced as she helped Rose stand.

"Enchancia?" Rose quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes. You're in the kingdom of Enchancia. What kingdom are you from?" Tilly asked, as she looked at Rose curiously.

"I'm from the village of Old Corona," Rose explained, hoping this woman could help her get home.

"Old Corona? Where is that?" Tilly looked confused, not having heard of that village before.

"It's part of the kingdom of Corona. One of the seven kingdoms," Rose replied.

"I don't think I've ever heard of Corona or the seven kingdoms. Do you know how you got here?" Tilly asked, growing more and more curious as to who Rose was.

"I was in my lab with my husband and best friend. We were trying to open a portal to the Ever Realm, but it wasn't working. I opened this book called the Codex Semper and then I was here," Rose explained as she showed Tilly the book in her arms.

"That explains a lot! It did work! You're in the Ever Realm right now!" Tilly exclaimed as she threw her arms up into a v.

Rose's eyes went wide. "What?"

💧

Aqua was practically skipping towards the beach as she held Varian's hand.

"Someone's excited," the alchemist said jokingly with a light chuckle.

"Of course I am! I'm going to Atlantis with my birth parents and my boyfriend! Who wouldn't be excited?" Aqua beamed as she kissed his cheek.

Varian couldn't help but smile as he watched his girlfriend face, feeling his heart flutter at her gorgeous smile and the sparkle in her bright blue eyes.