FORTY - FOUR

[ DAGOBAH ]

IT HAD BEEN FOURTEEN HOURS SINCE THEY HAD DEPARTED THE NEW REBEL BADE ON AJAN KLOSS

rey and halo had spent the better part of twelve hours force healing ben, who now slept once more in the bunks in the back of the falcon. halo wanted him to be awake so she could ensure his safety, but a small part of her was glad that he slept. in doing so, he avoided the waves of hostility that seemed to flow from finn.

the ex-stormtrooper had been reluctant to leave rose, poe, and the rebel base behind. but he was eager to start his training. it didn't take that much convincing. but still, halo knew. the fact that ben was there drove him mad. there was no one in the world that finn hated more than ben solo.

and it was for a good reason. she knew this.

their reckoning would come at a later date. for now, her mind was preoccupied with planning.

rey and halo sat on the ground, rey's head resting on halo's shoulder. exhaustion tugged at the young scavenger's eyes. force healing was a new task halo had taught her, and it took almost everything she had. but so eager was she to hear what halo had in mind, why they were going to dagobah, that she kept her eyes open dutifully.

leaning against the side panel of the door to the main hull was finn. his lips were pressed into a firm line. and he stared at halo expectantly, almost accusingly.

"so, why dagobah? from what i know of it it's a piece of trash swamp moon with little to no detected life forms."

"it's where my master trained with his master, yoda. it is a force well. meaning there is a natural flow of the force from within the planet's core," she replied to finn. "master luke told me to come here, and so i obeyed."

"yeah, trust the guy who disappeared when we needed him most, great idea."

halo smarted at his remark, narrowing her eyes at finn. she could tolerate him slandering almost anyone. but not her master.

"he is more powerful than any of us can ever know."

rey made eye contact with finn, pleading with him to back off. he seemed to understand, and raised his hands up in surrender.

"i'm just saying, this feels like a kinda bad time to be leaving the base. i mean we're in the middle of the war-"

"this war won't be over unless we do this," halo said, her voice dripping with confidence. she eyed finn darkly. "do not forget how many years i spent training, meditating, becoming one with the force. this is the way. i am sure of it. and you better start warming up to the idea of trusting in the force with everything you have, because i am going to drill it into you until it takes over even your dreams."