Song from the Sea

The waves crashed into the stones of a cliffside, the cool breeze blew sea spray in all directions delivering the smells of sea salt and kelp, and the cries of young gulls squealed above him as he strolled across the edge of the cliff that he was on. He looks up to the gloomy sky to see a colony of seagulls soar and cry happily despite the dreary weather. A small smile creeps across his faceplates as the gulls looped and danced around one another. However inside of his spark ached with pain as two birds, in particular, seemed to have their wings touching each other as glided through the breeze.

It wounded him to know that he and two of his remaining brethren were the only ones of their kind, clones of a forgotten race.

"Predaking!" "King! I wanna go home!" Two voices called out his name. He lowered his gaze from the sky to the escarpment where Shockwave frantically looked every which way for him while Skylynx shrieked as the frigid seawater splashed on his backside. He couldn't help but snicker, causing his sorrow to fade away. He cherished and thanked any higher being who blessed him with a creator that is everything but blood and twin Predacons to him he called brothers. It didn't take long for him to notice a slight movement in the water.

Skylynx growled as the seawater splashed into his optics. He tries desperately to wipe off the salt that sears his vision. "Ugh, This is stupid! CAN WE LEAVE NOW?!" "Not until we've recovered Predaking and Darksteel." Shockwave hears a loud groan from the Predacon but ignores it. Since the day that he and his superiors witnessed Predaking's first transformation, yes Shockwave fully accepted the termination of the other clones but it would be his helm if he defied his master's request, even since then the guilt weighed his spark down like an anchor. He made it his top priority to keep the three remaining Predacons alive and well until the end.

They haven't gone far, "Darksteel! Preda-" "BEHIND YOU!" Predaking shouted as he jumped off the ledge and into the water resulting in a huge splash. The splash caused Shockwave to land on his afterburner while Skylynx trembled into a tidal pool. A few minutes later, Predaking came out holding Darksteel's tail like it was a hunting prize. Darksteel uncoiled himself when he recognized who saved him from the rough currents. 'Thanks King, for a nanoklick there I would've been splat.' The young Predacon chuckled with relief. The eldest tilted his helm when he noticed something in Darksteel's arms. Before the question could be said, Skylynx bursts out of the pool in his beast form, seaweed stuck on his horn and shaking with anger. Staring burning daggers at his twin.

'DARKSTEEL!!!' The said Predacon shrieked as his brother charged after him. He shifted into bipedal hoping to run away from his brother's wrath, however, Predaking caught his ankle before his frame could hit the ground. Darksteel panics as Skylynx gets closer he hugs his soggy flax linen satchel then an idea clicks in his processor.

"WAIT, WAIT! I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU!" He sealed his optics shut. Knowing the Predacon wouldn't listen to his plea, Predaking made a swift dodge of the beast before he could pounce. He watched Skylynx plunge himself into the cold water. He flipped Darksteel around before placing him down so he could check on Shockwave. He took his time striding towards the rim of the ridge, the water started to bubble and steam from underneath. He can't help but cackle, knowing Skylynx is possibly pissed at himself for not thinking straight. "Come on," he reached out and grabbed the pouting Predacon before he could sink any further.

Darksteel carefully lifted Shockwave to his pedes, patting off any sand that remained on his shoulder plates. He stopped for a moment to adjust the strap from his bag that was constricting his neck cables. Notices the mech's red optic checking every side of him even touching them to locate an injury. "Stop! I'm fine!" he shoves the servos away, however, they continue tapping on his sides and back. "Creator! STOP!" he whines until the scientist ends his inspection. "It would be logical to make a proper examination when we return." The Predacon grumbled loudly before he said, "I'm not a weak little sparkling!" "But sure do act like one!" Skylynx proclaimed while stripping off seaweed from his faceplates and tossing it towards Darksteel.