fifteen

Chapter Fifteen |

KAI MOVES quickly towards the glowing necklace and immediately picks it up. He inspects it intensely, "It's got blood on it. What did you do, Clem?"

"Nothing." I say, "I cut myself, remember."

Kai hurries to the window, looking out at the sky, "It's the eclipse."

I shake my head, denying his theory, "You've had that thing with you every day, it's never done that when the eclipse has been and gone."

His attention turns back to me, "Then it's your blood."

I think for a moment and realise he could be right, after all it was what I was trying to achieve, not to mention the necklace seemed to be that of my mothers.

"So, how do we use that to get out of here?" I ask, "We've searched for weeks, there's nothing in this house to help us."

Kai looks to the necklace before placing it back on the kitchen counter. He sighs, pushing the palms of his hands against the surface infront of him. I stare at him, trying to figure out what he's feeling. I guess frustration.

I'm right because he says, "We're never getting out of this fucking place!"

I know how he feels, or partially at least. I want to get out of this world to see my friends and family, his intentions are probably the opposite. I lean against the door frame in thought, then it hits me, "Wait. There's nothing in this house that can help us."

"You already said that." Kai states, his frustration still hovering.

"In this house, Kai." I emphasis.

His interest piques. He pushes his body weight from the counter and folds his arms, "Go on..."

"We've been looking for information on the necklace." I tell him, "But I don't think we need information, we need a spell."

Kai squints at me, "What are you getting at? We don't have any spells or grimoires to delve through."

"No, but I know someone who would." I smile as I move forward and grab the necklace from the counter top. His eyes are still locked on mine, "Bonnie's grandma."

I turn around and begin to leave the room but I don't hear him following me. I come to a halt and glance over my shoulder to see him still standing in the same position.

I exhale, facing him, "Seriously? All this time you want to leave and now we might finally have a way you're just gonna stand there?"

Kai seems to hesitate before finally moving towards me, "I was just thinking about lunch."

I roll my eyes and shove his shoulder once he's infront of me to make him move faster, "You can eat as much as you want as soon as we're out of this hell."

Kai and I arrive at Sheila Bennett's house four minutes later. It feels almost spooky to enter her home. Not because in the real world she was now deceased, but because it was filled with unknown memories and magic.

"And how do we find the grimoire?" Kai asks, picking up random items from the living rooms shelves and tossing them onto the floor once he'd inspected them.

I shoot him a hard stare, "Do you have to destroy her things?"

"What?" He lightly shrugs, furrowing his brows at me, "It's not like she's here."

"It still feels disrespectful." I tell him, opening the drawers of her cabinet.

Kai cocks his head and gives me an amused smile, "You are aware you're currently raiding someone elses property?"