seven

Chapter Seven |

"HOW AND why would I have been there?" I question, because he was right, that wasn't possible.

"I don't know." He answers, the same way I'd been answering him.

"That would require me knowing you, Kai." I explain, "And I only met you two days ago."

Kai slams his hands back down onto the map in frustration, "Nothing makes sense. So, what we're going to is take a trip to Portland."

"Which will help how?" I ask, "And how do you plan on getting us there?"

He lifts his head so his eyes meet mine, "Easy, fly."

I snort, "Hilarious."

Kai's expression remains the same and my eyebrows pull together, "You're kidding, right?"

"Nope." He responds.

"No." I frown, "There is no chance I am leaving here. Like you said, if I leave my friends won't know where I am."

Kai pushes himself up off the table and strides towards me, "You don't have a choice."

I continue to frown at him, "Why do you want to go to Portland so bad?"

"Stop making things difficult, Clem." He says.

I begin to back away from him as he walks closer, "What's in Portland, Kai?"

"You know I'm stronger than you," He practically threatens, "so be compliant and get ready to leave."

"I am not your pet, you can't order me around." I begin to storm towards the stairs and I hear him follow after me.

Then his footsteps stop, "Fine. You stay here, but don't think you'll be alone."

I come to a halt and furrow my brows. I slowly turn to face him, "What do you mean by that?"

He lightly shrugs, "There could be other people here. People worse than me. People that wouldn't think twice about ending your life, Clem, even for leverage."

"There's nobody else here." I tell him.

He cocks an eyebrow at me, "You sure about that?"

My eyebrows harshly pull together, "Yes. This is your prison world -- "

" -- that Damon and Bonnie somehow ended up in." He explains, cutting me off, "So, who's to say that there's nobody else here."

"You're messing with me." I frown, not having any of it.

"You sure about that?" He asks.

"Yes." I respond.

Kai questioningly narrows his eyes at me, "Enough to risk staying here alone?"

I hesitate for a brief second, because there was a logic to his theory, but at the same time I didn't believe him, nor did I trust him. I stare him dead in the eyes, "Yes."

I spin back around and as I'm about to walk away, I hear him sigh, "Guess it's going to be the hard way after all."

I don't have time to ask what he means, or do anything because in an instant everything turns to darkness.

Elena is running towards Stefan, Lexi, Bonnie and I who are standing in the Mystic Falls cemetry on the Other Side which was collapsing at a fast rate. She looks terrified, "I can't find Damon!"