Ch | 35

Noah Silas Anderson

Chapter Thirty-five: "I made a mistake"

Hairless cats.

Sports.

Dead Mom.

Grandma naked.

I tried thinking of anything to help while I locked myself in my bathroom. But I kept reliving what just happened, I could still feel myself inside of her.

Right after hearing the front door slam, I peeked out to see if Brooklyn was gone.

With the coast clear, I exhaled and then punched the air in a childish tantrum.

Why does this keep happening to me?! Why did I have to try to do the right thing and stop? Shit, we went that far, I might as well have finished. But I'm stronger than I give myself credit for, it wasn't easy to turn Brooklyn down. Now I'll probably never have a chance like that again.

Just my luck that I can't have the perfect girl, I thought.

I checked my phone to see if Brooks would've called me or sent a text. She didn't. Shit.

Frustrated, I threw on some clothes and left my apartment. As I passed Brooklyn's door, I thought to go check on her. She had gotten high with Cassie for the first time and was probably freaking out by now.

No, I can't. I stopped myself and waited for the elevator.

***

BANG! BANG! BANG! My fist pounded on Sky's door around one in the morning.

I knew she was home, she just posted a Snap of her watching Narcos in her bed that I recognized.

"Sky! Open the door," I grumbled.

"What do you want, Noah?" she asked with an attitude from the other side.

I clenched my jaw, unballing my fists. "I'm angry, and-"

"Oh, so you want to come in and use me? Hurt me? No, fuck you, Noah."

"Sky, I've had a shitty night, and I-"

She opened the door in a fast motion, almost taking me out. "And you what," Sky spat, "you wanna do me, and take all your anger out again? Yeah, I'm done being your fuck puppet. You need to work out your issues in a more healthy way, I can't deal with this baggage anymore."

"Baggage?!" I scoffed. I noticed a person - a girl - in the background walk past and peek at us. "Oh that's what this is about, your girlfriend's home, so now it's fuck me, right?"

"Noah, you know what this is; Amber comes first always. I love you as a friend, Noah, but you're like... a little crazy sometimes. Maybe it's work, or your dad, I don't know, but you were stressed-"

Her bringing up my job and addict father triggered me. "Fuck off, Sky. This is because I hurt your feelings the other day, isn't it? Look, I'm sorry."

"Yes you did, and you're not sorry. Noah, you HATE condoms but you only fuck with me condoms because you think I have something. You don't kiss me, and you said I'm not attractive. I don't even know where that came from? One day we were good, then you came back from this cruise a different person."

My eyes rolled. I almost walked away, but I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of having the last word.

"You know what? I meant what I said, Sky, and it didn't come out of nowhere. No, I'm not attracted to you anymore, and yes, I am scared to get something from you. You've fucked half of LA and crawl back to your girlfriend every other weekend, but you can judge me and act like I'm fucking wrong and crazy? I don't need you, you were begging for me. And trust me, stick with eating pussy because you're not that fucking good at anything else."