Ch | 27

Brooklyn Noelle Brankovich

Chapter Twenty-seven: You better work"

I pulled up to the location Courtney sent me. There weren't many cars, yet, which made me less nervous.

The club was in its own secluded area and looked very discrete on the outside. I appreciated the lowkey appearance, it made me think work wasn't going to be hectic.

A man stood outside, leaning against the paneling as he smoked a cigarette. He looked like security so I spoke with him before going in.

"Hey. I'm Brooklyn, I'm new-"

The large man cut me off with a cold stare from my head to my feet. After the once over, he nodded his head for me to go on in.

"Thanks," I mumbled, opening the door.

Unlike the outside, inside of the club was well-lit and lively.

"Ah, you must be Brooklyn!" A thin brunette greeted me. Her black pumps clicked against that spotless, dark floor as she approached me by the bar.

Her head shot out and I shook it, both of us grinning.

"Yeah. Courtney?"

Her head nodded. "Did you find the place okay?"

"Yeah, I just didn't expect it to be so low-key," I talked as we walked further inside.

I went "wow" and took in every detail from the DJ booth to the overall aesthetic.

There was another woman who occupied the bar, she wiped the counter and then flashed a friendly smile at me.

"That's Lily," Courtney let me know.

"Hi, Lily," I waved before we continued the tour.

"Our DJ, Andre Beats."

I looked up at him on the side stage and waved. He couldn't hear us but caught my gaze and smirked. Moving the headphones from one ear, he shouted a greeting. "Wassup?"

Courtney continued. "I'll let you show yourself around but you'll see those two often. Any questions before I move on?"

"Yeah, what exactly am I going to be doing here? I was under the impression that I'd be a receptionist somewhere, or at least a waitress." What I said made Courtney laugh.

"Something like a waitress," she said, "you'll be a bottle girl. We saw you have little to no experience but you seem like a fun personality and you have a nice face and great pair of legs, you'll be fine. Come this way."

I didn't get to say anything before she led me behind a door and stopped in some sort of dressing room. In it, a couple of girls getting ready. They were barely dressed, one girl was naked even. I figured they were the-

"Strippers," it's like Courtney read my mind. "Here's a locker, shall Mr.Ali bring you onboard-"

"Wait," I paused, "I didn't actually get the job, yet?"

"Basically I hired you, but he has the final say for all employees. It's procedure, you'll understand. After your interview, you can come back here and get yourself acquainted," she went on, holding a file with my name on it to her busty chest.