Chapter 11

Now that L-Corp is in safe hands, Lena's almost ready to go. She's walking down the hallway of the med bay at the D.E.O. when she notices something out of the ordinary. The door to her mother's room isn't locked. In fact, the door is wide open. Lena can't help but hear the voices from inside.

"You'll take good care of her? Both of them?"

"Y-yes, Supergirl. But I-I don't think Miss Luthor needs me to watch over her. She's very brave."

"Oh, I know she is." Lena can almost hear the smile in her voice. "Adam, could you give me your phone?"

"Of- of course, Supergirl." Adam hastily says, followed by a thud and a quick apology.

"There you go. Just text me when you need anything, alright?"

Lena decides she's done enough eavesdropping and walks through the doorway. Adam looks as if he's seconds away from fainting, Alodie is sleeping peacefully, and Kara is looking awfully pleased with herself.

"Su-supergirl just gave me her number! Her phone number!" Adam exclaims when he spots Lena in the doorway.

"That's...wonderful, Adam." Lena has to bite her lip to keep her face as neutral as possible.

Adam stares at his phone and then looks back at Supergirl again, still completely bewildered.

"I- I'm just gonna-." He points at the doorway and disappears through it, leaving Lena and Kara alone with a sleeping Alodie.

"He's a huge fan. He just can't stop talking about you." Lena chuckles lightly.

"He's a good kid." Kara smirks. She looks over her shoulder when she hears movement behind her.

"Lena?" It's Alodie, now very much awake in her bed.

"Hello mom." Lena greets her softly.

Alodie is staring at Supergirl with an unreadable expression.

"I'll just- I'm going to get Kara. Nice to see you again Miss Byrne!" Supergirl says before speeding through the doorway. Lena facepalms inwardly when Kara comes walking through the door merely twenty seconds later. How on earth did she ever fall for this?

"Lena! Hey there, Miss Byrne." Kara smiles brightly.

Alodie smiles up at her.

"I hope you have a nice trip, Miss Byrne." Kara says politly.

"Oh, please call me Alodie, dear. And thank you sweetheart." She winks at her.

Lena chuckles and grabs Kara's wrist.

"Come."

"Bye, Alodie!" Kara waves just before Lena closes the door behind them.

Lena smiles when Kara's lips find hers instantly.

"I'm going to miss you." Kara whispers against her lips.

"This is amazing. Did you really design this?" Adam takes in the interior of the private jet.

"Yes. It was definitely one of my favourite side projects." Lena replies absentmindly as she checks the route on the tablet connected to her plane.

"Side projects." Adam mumbles in awe and glances at Alodie, who's silently looking through the window and enjoying the impressive view.

"Supergirl."

"What did you say, mom?" Lena glances up from her tablet. She follows Alodie's gaze through the window and immediately notices the unmistakable streaks of red and blue next to them in the air.