chapter sixty

The next morning I woke up with the biggest smile on my face. It was probably the happiest I had ever been. I was just hoping nothing would ruin this high.

I got a text from Owen to meet them in the lobby.

I quickly got dressed. My stomach was in knots. I couldn't stop replaying everything that happened yesterday.

Charlie and I kissed. We didn't just kiss, we made out. A lot. And if it weren't for the interruption, we probably would've done a lot more.

But was that something I wanted?

I thought about it for a brief second. The instant butterflies that filled my stomach answered the question for itself. Yes. I wanted everything with Charlie. I was sure of that now.

But I couldn't help but wonder what we were. We never really talked about it.

I pushed the thought to the back of my head. I didn't want to spoil anything right now. What mattered is that he finally knew how I felt. And I knew how he felt about me.

He loved me.

Oh my god how is that even real?

He loved me and I loved him.

I ran out of the hotel room with my shoes in my hand. I was way too excited to get downstairs I hadn't even checked to see what time it was.

I stepped into the elevator and took out my phone. It was early.

I impatiently tapped my foot along to the sound of the music coming through the speakers in the elevator. It was like the elevator was purposely trying to as slow as it possibly could.

When I finally heard the 'ding' sound indicating it was on the floor number I pressed, my eyes lit up. The second the doors open my legs instantly started moving.

I spotted Kenny standing in the corner of the lobby. He was standing by some chairs. As I got closer I could spot Madison, Charlie, Jeremy and Owen.

Kenny was talking to them about something and it looked important. I could tell because they were all concentrating so hard. Even Owen wasn't cracking any jokes. It looked like they were all taking mental notes.

I cautiously approached them, not wanting to interrupt Kenny.

I stood in between the chairs Madison and Charlie were sitting on.

"And so I just want you guys to be completely natural, you don't have to worry about acting a certain way-" Kenny said.

What was going on?

As if she'd read my mind Madison leaned over to whisper in my ear, but Kenny caught her.

"Hey! Madison no talking until the interview. You have to rest your vocal cords for tonight," he said to her and she nodded her head, shrugging her shoulders at me.

Charlie finally looked up at me and gave me a quick smile that just melted my heart.

I leaned down and he whispered, "We have our first radio show interview today."

"Oh my god! That's so exciting!" I tried my best to sound excited while I was whispering.

Charlie just smiled even bigger and nodded his head. He turned his attention back to Kenny.

"And so if there are any specific topics you don't want to be asked I need to know about them now, so we can give them a heads up-"

Today was a big day for them today. Not only were they having their first radio show interview, but they were performing at Madison Square Garden.