chapter forty four

"Lake," I heard someone say.

"Do you think she's dead?" I heard someone else say.

"No you idiot, she's fine. I think," they poked me. I groaned and opened my eyes. Owen and Charlie were standing over me. "See I told you," Owen said, shoving Charlie's arm.

"Rise and shine, Baker!" Charlie screamed in my face causing me to groan again. It was way too early for his energy.

"Go away," I mumbled, rolling over to the other side. I closed my eyes and pulled the blanket closer to me. "Need sleep."

I felt someone jump on the bed and start to shake me. My eyes darted open.

"Come on, Baker, don't be such a grouch. It's your first day working with us," Charlie said, excitedly. I could tell he was smiling.

I had completely forgotten. Owen and I were supposed to meet Kenny today. Since I was already going to the set with them, Kenny said he'd meet us there.

"Yes now get your butt out of bed, we're making you breakfast," Owen said walking out. Charlie grinned at me and followed him out of the room.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was 7 AM. Why were they such early risers?

I groaned when I saw several texts from Ava and Sawyer. I had read their messages and forgotten to answer back.

I quickly did the math. It was 5 in the morning. I decided not to call them.

I sent them a quick message telling them that I was fine and that I would call them after work.

I smiled to myself. At work. I couldn't even believe I wasn't about to go to the hotel. It was surreal.

I quickly got up to go to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and took a quick shower. I threw on some sweatpants and a shirt. I threw a hoodie on just in case I got cold. I walked out of Charlie's room and walked to the kitchen.

"So how was the couch?" Owen asked Charlie. I realized Charlie was just wearing a pair of sweatpants. I forced my eyes away before I started drooling.

"It was fine," he replied, rubbing his back.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I felt bad that he had to sleep on the couch. I told him I'd sleep on it but he refused.

I made a mental note to check myself into a hotel for the next couple days. I didn't want to cause any more problems.

"I hope you like pancakes, Baker," Charlie said, winking at me as he turned around to show me how he could flip a pancake.

"Hold up. Try it again," Owen said, taking his phone out and taking a video. Charlie held the pan out and flipped the pancake. I giggled at how hard he was concentrating.

 I giggled at how hard he was concentrating