I May Fall

Original art by Demi
www.pixiv.net/en/users/22036971
Recolored by u/Dompiotrek
www.reddit.com/Dompiotrek

        Jessienne stands before a towering luminous door. One that leads to a room that peaked many of the serving angel's interest, but despite that, none had ever went in, or rather couldn't. It was visibly and physically a door, but it might as well be a wall considering the fact that there seemed to be no way to open it, whether by key or force.

           Azazel anxiously marveled at the door finally opening before her as the CEO of Heaven merely stood close to it with the will to enter. It opened up like a futuristic contraption, splitting into three parts going left, right and up. Before them was dome room, in the middle flashed a hologram that showed the entirety of heaven.

          "The demons all have tried to conquer heaven countless times. They thought they could rise up to higher beings and rule over creation."

    Jessienne put her arm up towards the model of the palace, it zoomed in now with them seeing through the walls with markers where everyone was. But aside from a luminescent blue dot that the angels around the palace bore, there were a few dark red dots spread out, the demons...

       "After trying so many times, they eventually gave up, and that surrender has went on for... as long as their new CEO rolled in, I believe. But we did not ignore the fact that they may strike again, like today."

        From the ceiling hanged some sort of giant machinery. It had a metal rod coming out of a barrel like contraption, similar to something one would call a 'death ray'.

       "It holds the strongest form of energy that was left and preserved before our father had left heaven to us. I had Gabriella and a few other bright minds create a weapon out of it... One that can wipe out any dark elements that made their way into heaven."

       Azazel and Uriel stared in shock at the sight of such a powerful looking weapon. Knowing Gabriella, she probably named it something like 'Demon-begone-Inator' or something similar.

      " 'Wipe out'?" Azazel frowned. "Ma'am you don't mean..."

     Jessienne looked at the angel with serious eyes and nodded. "The moment I fire this, it will use up the energy and slowly drain the demon's power... until they eventually meet death once again."

      Uriel gave a light chuckle. "I wonder if there is life after the afterlife."

      "W-wait ma'am— With all due respect. Such a powerful weapon... isn't it too much? It would be better if we use this if an actual invasion happens, Not because of a trivial fact—"

        "That is enough! Azazel!" Jessienne stomped her foot to silent the angel. "I know what you're doing. Perhaps the time you spent with these pest has corrupted you from your faith. You're lucky enough that I still trust you, but after this I'll put you on rehabilitation... you clearly aren't thinking right."

        Jessienne flew up to the roof and activated the machine. Azazel anxiety raised as a thousand things came into her mind, most of of them were the demons. Those who she once thought were dangerous individuals that she had to study with caution, when one thing led to another... She somehow felt like she could call them friends.

But would she still be their friends... after what she did?

      The angel watched as the machine fires.

     ****

       "Cerby!"

     Rafaela skipped into the room with a smile as she carried a handful of toys and treats she had kept for the animals. But as she entered the room her eyes widened in shock, causing her to let go of everything she held which cluttered to the floor.