Chapter 10

"But Midoriya my boy!"

"What's the point All Might... I have to do this!"

It was evening and Toshinori had flown to Japan after he got to know about Midoriya's condition. Bakugou had not said much after his breakdown in the morning and had spent most of the time huddled up with Keiko, whose body had cooled down and the dragon scales had receded. The doctors had a talk with all the heroes but failed to come up with any solution for the disease. The situation had made the atmosphere tense and almost heavy. None of them could think of any way to lighten the mood, considering how insensitive any attempt towards it would be. Bakugou had forced the rest of them to go home by the evening by stating that her health was much better now. As of then, they were talking about what would happen to Midoriya's health and his quirk.

"Young Bakugou, are you fine with that?", Toshinori asked solemnly.

"Yeah..."

"Then we will do it tomorrow."

"All Might-"

"Let him, and all of us prepare for it. We deserve that much at least."

"..All right. Kacchan, I hope you use it well. Haha, who am I kidding! Of course you will! Starting tomorrow, One For All will be yours."

"..."

Bakugou nodded and Midoriya smiled, with a sad expression on his face. He turned away and pulled his blanket over his shoulders. The blonde boy frowned and ruffled the other's green hair slowly.

"You're very strong for doing this De-, Izuku. I'm, sorry..."

"It's okay Kacchan... I would have had to do it anyways, at some point in time. Maybe it had come. Hah, what a way to go.."

"Don't say that dumbass! You never know when things will change. You're the symbol of hope, don't give up so easily shitty nerd."

"I'm so glad to have you by my side Kacchan. I'm glad we're best friends~", he smiled at him.

"Don't go around saying embarrassing things like that shitty Deku! I can't let you slack off just because you're no.1 hero or something!", Bakugou gave him his classic smirk that put him at ease. Midoriya then fell sleep soon after while Bakugou returned to Keiko's side. She was fast sleep with exhaustion. Although her disease had receded, it was not all gone. Bakugou made a mental note of making her use her new fire-breathing quirk to burn the flowers down to the roots. He creeped in between her large wings and snaked his arms around her. It was unsure of who was the big spoon and who was the small spoon but it didn't really matter. She snuggled into him, her wings now covering the both of them. He chuckled and kissed her.

"Thank you so much for staying with me..."