==> Be the Piano Playing boy.

Your name is JOHN EGBERT, and you have gotten to the music room early to practice on the trusty piano in the classroom. You and your father don't have enough money to buy a piano for you to practice in your own home. Because of this, Ms. Paint, the music teacher, allows you to go into the music room early to play that piano.

As your fingertips press on the black and white keys, the bell rings. First period. Luckily, you were already at your first period so you didn't have to deal with the large crowd of people.

Gradually, more people enter the music room, but you continue playing away. You were improvising the entire piece that you were playing. Everything began to get static and fuzzy as you continue to play.

You finally end about a few minutes later, and you sigh. "I assume you're our new student?" Ms. Paint says. You blink at that. A new student? You look at the door. You turn to see a tall boy with dark shades. They have bleach blond hair that's almost white, and they have a dark red hoodie with black skinny jeans. Their skin is pretty pale as well, and freckles are scattered across their face.

The boy nods, looking down and playing with their hands. "Why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" They nod, turning to the chalkboard and walking to it. They write, 'Yo. I'm Dave Strider, I'm mute. I'm obviously new to this school, and I hope I'll be welcomed here.'

After that, Dave sits in a desk quietly, everyone's eyes following him. You sigh, fixing up your journal and such to become more organized. Ms. Paint comes up to you. "David is cute, don't you think, John?" She whispers in a small voice.

You were the only gay student in the school (at least you were the only one that's out of the closet), so Ms. Paint had been trying to pair you up with boys that seemed... 'Homo'. At least that's what she says. You feel your face heat up and you glance at him, shaking your head afterwards. "Ms. Paint, it doesn't seem like Dave is interested in guys." You respond in the same whispered tone.

She rolls her eyes at you. "It seems like he is. My gaydar is off the charts!" She laughs quietly as you cover your hands with your face in embarrassment. You open a tiny crack in between your fingers to look at Dave once more.

He was currently being marauded by multiple girls, talking in high pitched squeals. To you, it didn't seem like he was interested in the girls. Dave seemed... Uncomfortable?

You remove your hands from your face, and you sigh. You didn't want to get your hopes up for a guy that you don't even know. "There's a partner project coming up, it could be your chance, John." Ms. Paint smiles at you before going back to her desk with various paint splatters on it. The desk is notably messy.

It's basically a free period in music class every day. Which is. Great.

Once the crowd of girls dispersed, you get up, stretching a little. You nervously walk up to Dave, your hands in your pockets. But you stop in the middle of the classroom to realize that you don't know sign language, and you don't even know if they know sign language.

Your eyes light up for a moment because you had found out an idea. You go to your binder and grab a piece of paper and a pen, then you continue to walk towards the blond boy.

Dave looks at you with a bit of a confused gaze. You write on the sheet of paper. ((A/N: All writing will be in ' '.))

'hi, i'm john.'

You hand him the sheet of paper and pen. You watch him write back.

'im dave, it's nice to meet you'

Dave hands you back the paper and pen, this happens multiple times as you write to eachother.

'i hope i didn't bother you.'

'you didnt, don't worry'

'hey, do you need help to get to your classes?' Your face is flushed as you hand him back the paper and the writing utensil.

You can tell that Dave has a surprised look on his face. Even though his eyes are hidden behind his shades. He writes back.

'that actually wouldn't be torturing'

'i'll meet you after class?'

'yeah'