1| Met him, again

Published on 2nd January 2021.
Word count : 2431 words.
______________________

- S H R U T I -

"Shruti, how long will you take to come outside?" Akriti shouted.

"Just a few minutes."

"Few minutes my foot. Just come out now or I'll break the door." This woman, better known as my sister, is a headache. I wonder how we shared the same roof since my twenty seven years' existence.

"Let me bath properly. And have some shame. What effect would it have on your son if he sees you cursing around?"

I repeat, she curses a lot!

"Don't worry about him. Now leave the bathroom. I can't control this pressure."

"You have a bathroom attached to your room. Can't you use that?" I shouted while drying myself with a towel.

"There is a leakage problem in my bathroom. Now step out! I can't control it. Damn!" She shouted. Well, I didn't want her to poop in my room and dirty it. So I quickly wore my clothes and stepped out, leaving the room all to her.

"I'm here." I said. She pushed me aside and slammed the door on my face. "Rude!" Pacing out I saw Adit running here and there on the floor. "Adit! Let's go, it's time to eat."

"Masi.... Chocolates!" He screamed and I shut my eyes.

"No chocolates. Finish your breakfast first." I made him sit on the chair and leaned my head in the direction of kitchen, "What do we have for breakfast mumma?"

"Aloo paratha." Mumma said and came out with the plates.

"So, we have aloo paratha today. Have a bite." I tore a bite and slipped it into his mouth.

"Chocolates?"

"After this. First finish your food." I made him eat every single bite and smiled at my accomplishment.

"Finally, he ate everything!" Akriti sighed and sat on the chair opposite to mine.

"I doubt if he's your son." I said and she raised her eyebrows in question. "Cause he never listen to you."

"That was a very good and interesting thought, but you're wrong." She glared at me and I returned her a tight-lipped smile.

"Stop talking and eat properly." Mumma scolded and we nodded while eating. "Actually, we want to discuss something with you."

"Akriti, it must be about you." I said while munching my bite.

"Not Akriti but Shruti. It's about Shruti." Papa said. I pointed my index finger towards myself in question and he nodded. "Tomorrow, we're going to meet your groom." He said and I choked on my food.

"I don't have a groom."

"To-be groom."

"But I don't want to marry."

"I've heard this many times."

"But seriously! I have no plan of marriage."

"No excuses this time."

"I have some work. I'll get going." I said and stood up. Picking my purse I ran out and started driving to my office. Why can't they understand that marriage isn't what I want to do? I don't want to be tied in a loveless relationship.