☄️Zhongli x🔥Mage [F] Reader - Never Ending Contract

I woke to a heavy knock on the door. "What time is it?"

Look over to the clock, it's 12 o'clock. Who's knocking on the door this late at night? Especially when it's pouring down!

"(Y/N) it's me Zhongli, please let me in."

I wrap my robe around me, make my way to the door. Open the door, Zhongli standing there dripping wet.

"You're soaking wet! Quickly come in before you catch a cold!"

I pull him in, he chuckles. "I'm fine (Y/N)."

Pull him over to the table, "sit down I'll get you a towel." I come back with two, pass him one as I dry his hair. "What are you doing out in the rain for? Especially this time of the night?"

"I wanted to see you."

"It couldn't wait till morning?" I come around the front, finishing drying his hair.

"No, I want... To make contract..."

"Contracts can wait till the morning. And when it's not pouring down!"

"You don't understand," grabs my towel throws it away. "I need to make this contract now!"

All the time I've known Zhongli, he never raises his voice. He's always been calm, mild-mannered man and is a stickler for tradition.

"Wh-what type of c-contract?"

"A contract that will never end."

"All contracts end, that's when we make new ones."

"That's why I don't want this one to end. (Y/N) will you make a never-ending contract with me?"

He must of been drinking, "have you been drinking?"

"What? No! I want to make a contract with you!"

I already know he's not going to stop, till I say yes. "I'll accept your never-ending contract Zhongli."

"You have take this seriously!"

I sigh, "Zhongli." I raise my hand to his cheek, instantly his cheeks turn red. "I am taking this seriously. But all contracts end, much like life. Everyone thought that the adepti will never die. Rex Lapis... He's gone now..." Rex Lapis was my favourite. But he's gone...

"That's why I want to make this contract. I want your undying love, for the rest of my life. I know it's a lot to ask of you. Please won't you?"

"L-Love?!"

"Yes, love. I love you (Y/N)!" He pulls me flush with his body.

My robe opens a bit, I wish I wore pyjamas...

He tilts my chin up, "do you love me?"

From afar his golden eyes, glimmer with pride and confidence. But up close... There's loneness, pain, and sadness.

"Yes, I love you Zhongli. And I trust you, I know you would never lead me astray. I'll enter your never-ending contract."

He kisses me forcibly, I give into him. My robe slips off my shoulders. His hands glide up my arms, pulling my robe back up.

"(Y/N) you don't know how happy you've made me."

"Very happy by the looks of your smile, haha."

He kisses, looks down at me. "Let's go to bed, shall we? It's rather late."

"What about your clothes? They're soaked."

"Yes, they are. Would you mind drying them for me?" He gives me his dazzling smile.