Chapter Four: Things aren't Bright (1)

Start from the beginning

"Miss Sadie- are you a-alright?" 

Her insides were bubbled up. She knew, yet she ignored her inner pleas. The entire story is sick. She had never thought...

"What kind of bullshit is this? Who can even write this much cringe in one damn page?" Sadie scrunched up her nose. "Makes me lose inner pride and self-esteem after reading this." 

Sadie had never thought that the emotions that she felt in her dreams were all just empty words on a page. But it made her feel relieved that this POV was never released to the public. It made her lose her inner dignity. She would clench in shame if the readers were to feel pity, disgust or cringe after reading this. 

Who the fuck even writes: 'Give me love as well' is such a nasal voice? Bullshit! She, Sadie, an orphan, lovingly raised by her uncle and was one of the top-tier managers at a Cosmetic Company. 

She didn't want this bullshit to emotionally bring her down. She crumbled her POV into a ball and threw it in the trashcan that was a few feet away from her. 

"Woah-! Careful what the heck are you doing?!" Roman yelled at her. 

Yes. This is where it belonged. She should have thrown away her emotions from her previous life a century ago. It shouldn't ever follow her. 

"Putting it back in the place where it belonged." Sadie smiled. "The recycling bin that is." 

"Miss Sadie, if you didn't know- there is no garbage truck or recycling truck that ever comes this way." 

"Huh? What do you mean?" 

"You see, my Guru was this lazy person, and he didn't want to climb down the hill to throw the trash every week. So he kept his trash with him." 

"Then how does he get his grocery every day? I mean, he clearly even has a fridge and icecream! There is no way he is living with eating paper!"

"Well, actually that fridge stopped working a decade ago." 

"...and the ice cream?" 

"...expired five years ago." 

"And you are saying this without an ounce of regret... wow, you must be one of the shameless guys I have ever seen. Maybe I was wrong. Did you ever try to apply yourself as a criminal? You'll get that job ve~ry fast." 

"Hahaha..." He shamelessly laughed and Sadie decided that she wouldn't even dare to give him a good job. 

"How long have you been coming in this teahouse anyway?" Sadie asked inspecting the house.

"It has been almost years." He murmured running his hand through his hair. Sadie raised her eyebrows and said: "Two years eh?" 

"Yes, since he passed away." 

"Did your Guru know any other people? Never mind- did he have friends? Relatives? Acquaintances? Frequent Customers in this tea-shop?" 

Sadie squinted her eyes, the hell did this place actually looks like a tea-house in the first place?! 

"No, not that I know of. He had random customers come in very rarely, and he never mentioned having a family." 

Sadie looked at Roman in a studying glance. Roman looked away, diverting his eyes as he rubbed his neck with his other hand. 

"-How did your Guru die?" Sadie asked. "Were you there that time? How did you know he was dead in the first place?" 

"*Sigh* Is it mandatory to ask these questions?"Roman asked fiddling with his hands. 

"Yes, young man." Sadie looked at him with piercing eyes. Roman pushed back his broken glasses and said: "He died of a heat stroke when I was out getting food for him, by the time I was back from that long walk, he had already collapsed and he stopped breathing." 

"Did you call the ambulance?" Sadie said. 

"I did, once they got here, I told them a brief history of his strokes and heart attacks and they let him pass away peacefully." 

"..." She pressed her questions to herself seeing grief in Roman's eyes.  "Thank you for letting me come here." 

  ******

Sadie was smoking on her balcony window, thinking about moving on her from her previous life memories. Being reminded of such a tragedy- Sadie couldn't handle overcoming emotions. Gripping her lighter match hard, she took another cigarette from the pack and said: 

"Shit. Something doesn't add up." 

Thinking back into the things that Roman had told her, Sadie's mind was unrest. Questions still invaded her mind, and Sadie started wondering why her inside instincts were eating her up. 

No friends, no relatives, and a few rare customers. A man who lives far in the mountains with a tea-house where there is No Vehicle Zone except for emergency or government vehicles. Writes stories as wonderful as an oscar-winning author. 

This Guru-ji was filled with mysteries. Is he a famous writer that is retired? Did he write about her? Why? How can anyone have such a superpower? 

Stuffing her cigarette back into her pocket, a crumbled piece of paper fell out of her pocket. Realizing the note that fell out Sadie reached to grab it and read the contents: 

"Kill Me. Kill Me. Kill Me. I can't live like this anymore. I made so many mistakes in my life.

Hate Me. Hate Me. Hate Me. Hate. Hate Me. They all hate me. I ruined their lives.

Puppets. Puppets. Puppets. Puppets. I thought they were all dolls in disguise.

In the end, I was nothing but was instead made a fool out of the fools."

Stopping after finishing  the nonsensical poem, Sadie cursed: 

"What kind of f*cking hate poem is this?" 

As soon as she said that- something reached out from her back and then muffled her voice. Realizing what was happening to her, Sadie seemed reluctant to leave from their tight grasp.

'Shit!' 

 Trying to step on the person's shoes with her pride heels- she slowly lost her focus. Seeing her restraint they put a handkerchief against her mouth, Sadie's senses faded quietly. 

 ******

*****

"PSST! Hey! Wake up!" A cold sultry spit was thrown at her face and her senses awakened. She opened her eyes to a damp cold ceiling that certainly wasn't hers. The floor was wet, and the entire room was dark. Almost dark. 

Rubbing off the spit on her cheek, she coldly looked forward. Prison bars were in front of her. Her eyes were upon a figure across the prison bars. The dark-hooded figure looked at her and said: 

"You must be enjoying the floor, aren't you? Enjoy as much as you can, that is, until your head isn't attached to your body." The person mocked her. 

Sadie blinked her eyes twice readjusting her eyes and replied: "Who the Fuuuuck are you again?" 

***

***