Chapter Six: Unnatural

THERE WAS ONE THING THAT SADIE KNEW ABOUT LOTTI: They would never get along. 

Both of their thoughts always contradicted each other, their only way of conversing was to start bickering, and they always found ways to make it hard for each other. 

Anyways, what is the relationship between Sadie and Lotti? Lotti seemed to have this antagonistic relationship with the original Sadie, and it made her feel the strange pace. 

Either way, Sadie Cheshire wanted to rip Lotti's hair out. 

"How come you don't get along with each other?! Are you two, childhood friends?" 

'Me? Friends with this demon?' 

Sadie had done a little bit of background interrogation to look into all of the possible relationships she had with the people in the Orphanage. And it seemed like her previous self had almost one to no relationship with the others. 

'This stupid girl always wants to make it hard for me.'

"I'll be managing and leading him through the front of the door, and you'll be standing and smiling," Lotti said, explaining the plan.

"Fine by me." Sadie compromised. Less talking for her either way.

"What do you mean, fine?!" Lotti yelled. "Do you understand the responsibilities of your duties?!"

"I didn't even say anything," Sadie said crossing her hands.

"That's the problem! Say something!" Lotti yelled at her.

'This b*tch-' 

"Isn't that what you wanted me to do?"

"Are you going to be standing there like an idiot then?!"

"Well, do you want me to start singing, then?" Sadie said, checking her nails, "Should I sing lullabies or melodies? Afterall, it's your choice."

Lotti slapped her temples, "You fool. You need to do something. Or else you look an idiot." 

'Isn't standing and smiling a job? Do you know that even the background cast in a movie earn more than a normal employee?'

"What I am doing is enough. Isn't that what you wanted?" Sadie said. "I don't get your problem here, young miss."

"Sadie, do you want to start a Juggling? Balancing cups? Have you considered taming-"

"Oh, should I bring in a circus?" Sadie said. "Besides, standing there and smiling is a good job, I don't see a problem."

"Fine!" Lotti wrapped her hands around her chest and looked away. "I guess you can be my servant."

'Are fifteen-year-olds this angsty?'  Sadie rolled her eyes and complied with the little girl's requests. She refused to go down to her level and loose her remaining brain cells. After all, Sadie was mentally a woman in her mid-twenties inside the body of a fictional teenager. 

It was more important to pay attention to the arriving guest: Count Therese. 

"Greetings to the Count," The staff all had bowed down to greet a tall figure walking through the large Orphanage door, with a blazer coat and a black hat. His sturdy and disguised figure made him feel like he was the main protagonist of the story. 

Sadie and others were bowing down, so they couldn't get a glance over his face properly. But Sadie didn't expect Count Therese to be quite young. 

Wasn't the Count, something like a middle-aged man? That's how it was described in the novel. 

"Oh...forgive me, I didn't know you'd be arriving, Count Earhardt-" The Director said, rising up to meet the man's face. "I thought Count Therese-"