Chapter Eight: Downtown Agreement

Today was the day they were going to visit the Town that Lotti was always talking about.

"Isn't this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?! To go visit the outside world from our boring-old Orphanage?"

"Yeah sure," Sadie mumbled digging back into her blanket. "You can go. I'm staying."

"You fool. I heard that there is a good patisserie there that can make good desserts and tea-time snacks!"

Sadie quickly woke up from her bed and yelled, "What are you waiting for, let's go!"

'Where there is food and fun, there is me!'

***

It was a field trip to visit the nearby towns, which happens every three-five months. It was a good facility for a small Orphanage to get used to the outside world. Sadie never had seen a pretty good Orphanage that offers such a good facility.

'Maybe the Orphanage isn't this bad.'

The town was huge and busy, filled with people bustling around the streets and having their tasks. The weather was also warm and humid, making it more enjoyable than the gloomy lonely countryside.

There was music that made people dance, it was quite lively.

The town was called Karliage, which was a port harbor near the large river.

The name sounded quite familiar to Sadie, she was sworn to hear it somewhere in the novel. Did it have to do with someone in the novel? Sadie couldn't quite remember, however, she felt it ring in her head.

As the Head Madam of the Orphanage gave a long speech about the Town's bountiful history, Sadie's eyes were on scouting for the best patisserie shop that Lotti had mentioned. Her heart was pacing because of all the delights she would get to taste.

"If you're looking for the patisserie, you can't run without me." Lotti jabbed Sadie at her side. "I'm going there with you."

"Yeah. Yeah. Mom. We'll go together, okay?" Sadie rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"Besides, I know where it is," Lotti said. "As soon as the Madam is busy, we'll quickly run and get the pastry and come back."

Maybe it wasn't that bad to have a partner. If something bad happens, Sadie will throw her under the bus.

However, it wasn't long until they were wandering out alone in the busy streets, both of them looked out of place, like young lost girls. As they walked around, they found themselves walking in circles.

"We are lost, aren't we? Just admit it." Sadie said angrily. 

***

IT WASN'T LONG UNTIL they were wandering out alone in the busy streets, both of them looked out of place, like young lost girls. As they walked around, they found themselves walking in circles.

And Sadie knew from her gut instincts, they were lost. And she put all of the blame on her ignorant annoying partner, Lotti.

"We are lost, aren't we? Just admit it." Sadie glared at Lotti.

"We aren't lost, you just had to make me lose track of thoughts," Lotti said crossing her hands to look back at her.

'This-!'

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sadie rolled her eyes, "It seems that my enthusiasm for eating desserts stopped you from functioning."

"I did. Now shut up." Lotti said back. Both of the girls wandered around mindlessly alone for minutes that seemed like hours. Seriously-! What a terrible work partner, not only was Sadie lost and all alone without a single guardian, but she was also going to be sleeping in the streets.