Chapter Seven: It Looks Fake

"I WAS SAYING THAT YOUR VIOLET hair does not match with your face. It looks fake." Count Earhardt, the young man said again.

'B*tch. WTF.' 

"Ah, no-! Not at all! Miss Chesire, please don't mind him. Your hair is quite beautiful." Count Therese smiled and hesitatingly replied. "Am I correct, Vincent?"

"If you say so, then believe it that way." Count Vincent Earhardt brutally responded. 

Suddenly someone in the background laughed. Sadie turned her head around to see Lotti giggling to herself and mutter: 'Suits you right.' 

'Who the heck are you to say that? Huh?! You jealous or something?!' 

Sadie was fuming with anger, but she calmed herself down and made a teary face saying: 

"Oh is that so... I knew from my birth, that my hair was different from the others in the Orphanage, however, no one told me it was fake..."

 Violet hair was a sign of obvious nobility, especially of a higher one! 

"Of course not-! Miss Chesire, you just look so distinctly similar to someone I used to know." Count Therese said. "But it couldn't possibly be true, right Vincent?" 

"Whatever Count Therese says." Count Earhardt responded.

'Aha-!' 

"Is that so?" Sadie asked quietly, putting on her act. She fluttered her eyes twice, trying to act pitiful, "I always wanted to meet my family... however–" 

"Sire Therese, I must leave for my business with the Director. I'm afraid I cannot lose any time here, we shall meet again after some time." Count Earhardt suddenly interrupted, with this cold serious looking face. 

'Yo, bro did you have to cut me off like that?' 

"Of course, Vincent, go ahead." Count Therese said. "I'll come with you soon."

"Please excuse me."  With that, the young Count walked away from the group and left for the Director's office. His large noble suit tracing behind him. 

'Now shoo shoo! I hope to never see you again!' Sadie quietly glared behind the young Count. 'Always ruining the mood!' 

 Come to think of it, someone like Count Earhardt never had appeared in the novel. Or did he..? Sadie never really remembered all of the details. Was he a background character or something? 

"So Count-" Lotti suddenly asked, "Is there something unusual about my hair too?" To which Sadie rolled her eyes again. 

"Oh, yes, yes." Count Therese responded, "it's a very special color. Like the color of a sunflower field." 

'Damn.' Sadie mumbled. Lotti almost coughed to the strange answer, however, Count Therese just kept on smiling with his response. 

'This old man knows his way around words, does he not?' Sadie hesitated. Cocking her head back slightly, she wondered how the previous Sadie got the Count to realize that she looked like the previous Duchess. What kind of attitude, words, and actions did she do before? 

"No- Wait for Count, I mean... what about my fami-" Sadie quickly asked again. 

"Thank you for visiting Count," Lotti jabbed Sadie from the side. "It was quite enjoyable with you." 

"Alright- I enjoyed speaking to you all, and the stay. It's time for me to leave now for the Director." Count Therese said as he bowed. "Thank you, Miss Lotti, and Miss Sadie." 

'What? Aren't you going to ask me something else?'

Sadie felt weird that the conversation immediately was dropped. Wasn't there something else about Sadie Chesire that he wanted to ask?

'Ugh.' Sadie bowed down and replied, "Thanks for visiting us, Count." And like that the Count had left the Orphanage Hallway and left for the Director's office, where Count Earhardt was speaking with the Director. 

***

***

And just like that, a week had passed since they had left. 

Unfortunately, it seems there was no news from the Capital, nothing from any other town. Especially a letter or a message only addressed to Sadie. Sadie had failed to woo Count Therese, and she would never go to the Capital.

 Everything was canceled. 

'Isn't the part where the real duke's daughter was supposed to show up, supposed to be here? What the heck is the Novel even doing?' 

Sadie had recently not left the place and stayed so out of her life for the past week. She hated this fictional world, where there was no technology, no clean water, no fast transportation, nothing. 

What was even worse was that since she lived in a small Orphanage in a small town, there wasn't even good food that was available like what the female lead of the novel experienced. 

While Sadie sobbed in her room, she was sure that the female lead and all of the other characters like the Villainess, male leads were eating away happily all of the good desserts and good food. 

Now that she thought about it, it was all Lotti's fault. 

There was no such castle, white horses, a table of food, a large banquet, stacks of jewelry and flashy gowns, nothing. Except for an annoying roommate. Lotti Liberani was a pain in the ass. Sadie wished she could just disappear. 

"Wake up, you lazy head!"Lotti dragged the blanket out of Sadie's face and screamed. 

'Oh my god, someone get this obnoxious girl out of my room.' 

To make things fair between what happened to both of the girls before, Sadie had taken her time to teach Lotti about some manners. It was only right to seek vengeance. 

In this fantasy world, there were some elements of the real world that had stayed over like- the same language, the same writing, and numerical system, and some other basic etiquette. 

"Lotti, did you know how to act and greet a Noble?" Sadie had asked her one day, to which Lotti gave her a weird glance. 

"I've learned it from a town, where I was traveling in, and saw a noble greet another noble. It was peculiar greeting sign, but I'll have you know because you are my best friend." Sadie told her. 

"What?" 

"What do you mean what?" Sadie asked back smiling. 

"What is it?" 

"Ohhh, do you wanna know?" Sadie responded, raising her eyebrows, "my curious little cat?" 

"Just shut up and get to the point." Lotti said wrapping her arms around her shoulder. 

Suddenly Sadie pulled up her middle finger and said: "This is the greeting. If you were want to meet a noble, just greet them in this way."  

***

***

***

Soon, Sadie regretted it. Regretted Everything. 

There was Lotti, holding a darn middle-finger in front of the notorious and famous character of the novel. 

In front of... the Duke Bell... and behind him were his jaw-shaken guards, butler, and maidens. 

'Lotti, you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!'  Sadie almost fell down crying on the floor.