Her Death

DAM DAM DAM DAAAMMM...! Who died??? Find out here. This would probably be a short chapter along with the next one.

Enjoy the story! :D

~A few hours later~

            “I’m sorry sir, but the Lake family isn’t expecting any guests except for a girl named Jamie Mayakiki?” The front desk lady said, checking her computer for any expected guests.

            Because of the lady’s surname miscall, Jamie hit the desk with her fists clenched tightly.

            “It’s Miyazaki!” Jamie snapped at the lady.

            “I-I’m sorry Ms. Miyazaki…” The lady stuttered in fear at Jamie’s reaction.

            “Tell me what’s going on, okay?” Ryan requested with pleading eyes. His best friend nodded in reply before asking which room is Autumn in.

            “Room 103.” The lady answered.

            “I’ll see you later, Ryan.” Jamie disappeared through the halls.

            Ryan waited in the waiting room while playing Clash of Clans, eating vanilla Oreos, sleeping on the couch, and reading the newspaper. The teen boy literally littered his snacks all around the floor which caused him to end up outside, punished or maybe kicked out.

            After an hour of waiting in the parking lot and in the dark night, Jamie came out of the hospital…crying. Ryan leaped of the ‘Driver Waiting’ seat with a huge grin on his face, hoping for some good news.

            “Ryan, I-I’m sorry… Autumn didn’t make it.” 

            “What?” Ryan’s smile faltered into a frown.

            “She’s dead…” Jamie repeated.

            “No, she can’t be!”

            “Yes, she is. Her heart is not beating and she has a severe blood loss.” His best friend explained, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

            Flashback

            The nurses and doctor quickened their pace to healing Autumn. Jamie gritted her teeth and Robert wiped all his tears from his eyes. The doctor said there might be a 5% chance Autumn might live and 10% chance she might die. Lights were dimmed with only a small night light hanging above the patient’s bed. Tools fell everywhere on the floor and nurses were busy searching for each of them.

            Jamie held Autumn’s right hand closely to her chest. A tear dropped from Jamie’s eyes. Suddenly, the heart rate machine set out a loud beep.

            “BEEP! BEEP! Patient’s heart rate is decreasing!”

            Everyone started panicking and jumping here & there, trying to find the Heart Electric Shock meanwhile Jamie and Robert just stood next to the bed where Autumn was sleeping on. The nurses and doctor couldn’t find the Electrical Shock. The two knew that Autumn wouldn’t make it, so they wished that she could have a happy life in the afterlife. Then Robert had an idea, but before he could do it, he told Jamie she could be excused.

            Robert’s idea was that he would sacrifice himself for his daughter by transferring all his blood into Autumn’s body and he would die instead of her. Unfortunately, Jamie didn’t know that.

            End of flashback

            That was when Ryan’s heart shattered into a million pieces and his life was over…

            Jamie and Ryan wore on their black suits and went off to the funeral. The funeral was pretty sad of course, and when it was dinner time, Ryan didn’t want to eat at all – even though they were serving Pasta; his favorite food.

Sorry if it was a sudden shock of Autumn's death. There will be a sequel of this story but this is not the end of the story actually, the next one is.

The sequel will be published probably next month? I will give you an author's note when the sequel is published then... Just to notice all of you.

~Addie Karens