🥦ch 19: Chained🥦

Start from the beginning

He had shut me off and just asked me to do what he said. He said it was all "necessary", so I obliged.

It surprised me at first that he knew this well about every nook and corner in this house, but I guess it also really explains that he might really have been Ohm's trusted member before he left the clan. My overthinking session was done with yesterday.

That's it Prem.

No time to ponder over right or wrong now. I had finally agreed to do the needful, I had to save Earth, and this trinket box was a stolen asset anyway. Did Boun know about it? How could he agree with something as distasteful as what Ohm was doing? And did he know about me? Was it all just a facade then?

My thoughts are brought to a halt when I realize there's a black figure standing right behind a large statue engorging an entire wall. I nearly yelp in fear when that shadow comes out and clutches my mouth to silence me. 

"Kao?"

The shadow nodded quietly.

"Where will we go from here? What about Earth?" I asked in what seemed to me, a hushed voice, but I really didn't know anymore. My blood was running cold that someone might catch us any moment, my heart was thumping in my throat and I had an urgency to throw up.

The nervousness was wrecking me and there was this voice that continuously told me that this was all a bad idea. That I should stop right away. We still had to go to the other side and escape from the back door because for God knows what reason Kao had desired to hide behind this thing, it was just dangerous that if someone saw him earlier, he would be caught at once but probably he was already planned for this.

Suddenly I heard approaching footsteps.

"Kao, I say we leave it here and you come and talk! There has to be another away!"

"There's no other way! We've come a long way; we can't just leave now! They'll catch me anyway and kill me this time!"

"WHO'S THERE?" a loud voice echoed and Prem's eyes widened in fear. It was Ohm, now calling out everyone and all the guards and Boun.

"Prem! Just come!" He dragged me and I realized maybe he was right.

I handed him the box as he rushed to the other side of the door, but the latch was now cold and frozen. He jangled the metal, and the screams grew louder. I could say it would be just a while before they caught us. Right then, the lock opened, and Kao opened the door with a burst of chilly air. There was a storm raging out.

"STOP! STOP RIGHT THERE BEFORE I SHOOT YOU!" Ohm's voice raged. 

Kao was already put through the trap door in the wooden ceiling and climbed halfway down the metal staircase that joined it to the basement. 

"Kao! Wait for me" I panicked as I saw him already running outside into the street with the box as I tried getting out of the trapdoor, but hand was stuck on something on the floorboard

"Kao! Wait for me" I panicked as I saw him already running outside into the street with the box as I tried getting out of the trapdoor, but hand was stuck on something on the floorboard. A damn peg got hooked onto my silver bracelet that Boun had given to me. I twisted my wrist to get it out, but it wouldn't budge, so I yanked off the chain with a jerk and it sped across the hardwood floor. As I looked up, my eyes grew wide in horror, the chain was lying at Ohm's feet, who was standing with a pistol pointed to me, as I crouched to the ground, halfway out.