8| Endless Diamond Sky

I closed any eyes as wind swept past my face.

"Don't you dare close your eyes Melody." Lucas whispered in my ear.

"I'm not sure they can open." I said wrapping my arms around his neck tighter.

He chuckled.

"It's beautiful and your missing the view." He said.

I sighed and opened my eyes. I gasped as I looked around. All I could see was an endless diamond sky. It was beautiful.

"This is beautiful." I said.

"You've seen nothing yet." Lucas said and pumped his wings to fly faster.

We shot through the air like shooting stars and I loved it. I laughed and held Lucas tighter as my stomach flipped.

He flew under, over and even through clouds. I was smiling the whole time.

The feeling of soaring and tumbling was indescribable. Lucas flew higher higher and higher until we were above the clouds, only stars surrounding us.

I looked around with a smile on my face.

"This is amazing." I whispered.

"Yeah... it's is." He said.

I looked at him to find him looking at me.

"What? Do I have something in my face?" I asked wiping my cheek.

Lucas laughed and mumbled. "Only you, Melody. Only you."

I shrugged.

"Hold your breath Melody. This only gets better." He whispered.

He tilted to the side, wrapped his wings around us and dropped to the ground. Fast. My stomach twisted like I was in a rollercoaster and it was amazing.

He flew down next to Sydney who was running. She gave a happy bark and sprinted faster. Then we slowed down and Lucas landed. I swayed a bit because my whole body was wobbly.

"You good?" Lucas asked.

"Yep." I said moving away from him and stumbling a bit before I regained my balance.

I looked around. We were in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by short grass and a few cactus.

"Where are we? Why are we here? Are you tired? Did you sprain you won't carrying me? Is my-" Lucas cut off my rambling.

"Nothing is wrong. I just though we'd camp here for the night. We will go to the Antique store at first light." He explained.

I nodded. "Cool, cool. What now?" I asked.

"You are going to make us a tent and fire." He said.

I looked at him skeptically. "I'm not a girl guide. I mean I tried it once in forth grade but I just liked the idea of camping when everything was provided." I said stressing the last point.

"That's your problem. Your thinking like a human and not a witch." He said tapping my head.

"So... magic?" I asked.

He nodded. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I took the backpack off my back and placed it on the ground. I closed my eyes and searched for my inner peace.

It was easier to pull magic from myself this time. I sent it outwards and thought of a tent. Nice and big enough for even Sydney. I didn't want her to sleep outside.

I used magic to pull some dry wood and leaves from the ground then, I thought of a spark that would strike the grass and light a flame.

I opened my eyes.