2

When we got to the ceremony, Star recorded when it was my turn to walk across the stage.

"Iris Clay.", the principal called as I grabbed my diploma.

We didn't stay much longer after that- especially when I noticed people laughing at my dress because it wasn't 'formal'- including my own family!

When we got back into the car, Star whispered in my ear and told me to pack immediately when I got back to the house. So I did.

The minute the car stopped I rushed into my room, stuffing as many things as I could in my suitcase- then stuffing all of my stuffies into another bag- hopefully they can breathe.

I ran back down the steps to see Star and my parents arguing. Her boyfriend, Reese, was also there- he was driving the getaway car- aka his Toyota Corolla.

"Iris isn't going anywhere!", I heard my father yell.

I guess my younger siblings did too because they looked upset.

"All you do is ignore her! She's eighteen! She can make her own damn decisions!", Star shouted.

There was a loud noise, and then everything went silent.

My father had smacked Star across the face leaving a red hand print.

"Lucifer!", my mother shouted.

Yeah, his name is Lucifer, it's pretty fitting if you ask me.

"Go to hell!", Star yelled walking out as she motioned me to follow behind her.

I trailed in her footsteps.

"Iris.", my father said and I turned back. "If you leave this house- you can never come back."

At first I thought I was going to be mad, but then I just chuckled.

"You know, that's the first time you've spoken to me since I was thirteen. Every day Star would reassure me that you guys would understand me when I was older. But as I grew up- you two drifted from me more and more! I envied the relationship she got to have with you! But if you can hit her like that- out of pure anger- and she was your favorite, what chance do I have?", I sighed before getting into Reece's car and not looking back.

It was an hour drive, we had to run some errands before going to the airport.

We took a cab there from Reece' parents house because he couldn't leave his car at the airport- but he said he has another one in New York at his and Star's apartment.

His parents were super nice to me. His mom, Charlotte, gave me chocolate chip cookies and hugs. I'm not used to affection from anyone besides Star so it was kind of weird for me.

"Alright let's go.", Star says as we head to Gate 4.

"Flight 037 to New Paltz, New York, now leaving.", the flight attendants voice says over the intercom.

"I can't wait to enjoy city life.", I say with a big smile on my face.

"You know New Paltz is a vacation town, right?", Reece says chuckling from his seat.

"What?!", I say and turn to Star.

She just mumbles a 'sorry'.