Farewell, Brat

This book was the work of a girl during her winter break- a girl who just needed something to fill the free time during a terrible pandemic. It became so much more than I ever could have imagined.

My inspiration for Brat was: of course the DDLG community, lots of other Wattpad books I had read over the years, and my own personal life.

All of the books I had read on Wattpad about DDLG were either: just smut, a story about a girl who got her heart broken and found a Daddy, a story about an orphan being auctioned, or a story about a Daddy trying to find the perfect little.

I wanted Brat to be different.

This isn't a love story, it's a story about a girl trying to find herself and just happening to find love along the way.

I didn't start the story off with Iris meeting Jax, or applying to the school, or getting her heart broken by some stupid guy. I started the story from Iris' graduation- a milestone and a metaphor for leaving her old life behind and starting a new one.

This book is my hope that one day I'll get out of my oppressive town and find somewhere new to start over, and be allowed to be myself.

I hope that this book means as much to everyone else in the DDLG community as it did to me.

The term brat has always been used in a negative way- but I've always been proud to be a brat- and I hope you all embrace your brattiness too! But for now...

Farewell,
Amxntee <3