"Oh---Kitty, be careful, baby!"

"Gimme a kisssss~"

"Okay, honey, just a second---"

"Daddyyyyy, pay attention to meeeee!"

A smile curls at Izuku's lips even as he huffs out a sigh of defeat, pulling Katsuki into his lap to pacify him. His hands rest on his slim waist, fairly pliant while the younger man peppers his face with a gentle peck of his lips. He trails them along Izuku's jaw and down his neck---he pays special attention to his collarbone. He's a hand full for sure, but Izuku can't find it in himself to be upset about his neediness or his persistent shows of physical affection.

He wishes he could see a more affectionate side of him without the aid of things like twelve glasses of wine.

"Do you feel better now that I'm holding you, my sweet boy?"

"Mhm~" Katsuki hums, nuzzling against the column of Izuku's throat. He seems fairly content there straddling his lap, so long as he can feel Izuku beneath his lips and fingertips. "Been wantin' to be held all night."

Oh?

"Why didn't you tell me, baby? I'd have held you if I'd known."

Katsuki shrugs. "I dunno. I guess cause we were with your mom and dad..."

Izuku snorts. "What's that got to do with anything? They wouldn't have cared if I'd held you all night, honey."

"F-For real?"

"For real. They know how I feel about you; they know you're my baby."

Katsuki relaxes against Izuku's chest, tucking himself beneath Izuku's jaw to breathe him in.

"...h-how do you feel? About me, I mean..."

The question, admittedly, brings Izuku to a bit of a stall. He supposes it's the nature of the question that confuses him the most. Is Katsuki referring to Izuku's overall thoughts about him? Or is this some sort of trick question that Izuku needs the answer to?

Katsuki seems to take Izuku's silence quite personally.

"Well shit, is it really that bad?" He sounds so dejected and let down, arms sliding down from where they're looped at Izuku's neck until they land at his side. The freckled man takes Katsuki's face into his palms to coax his head up from his shoulder.

"Hey---no, it's not like that. I'm just a bit confused about what you mean, is all. Could you explain it to me, baby? I'll answer as honestly as I can." He tries, feeling his chest tighten at the unshed tears sparkling in Katsuki's wide and hopeful eyes.

"I-I mean...what am I to you? Do you...do you love me, 'Zuku? Are you i-in love with me?"

Oh.

Oh.

"I don't know if we should be having this conversation while you're drunk, baby."

Katsuki's sniffles, abruptly rearing back to try and shove Izuku off of him. "Stop fucking playing with my emotions and just say no! I don't need you to play your stupid mind games on me; just tell me the truth!" Izuku holds solid, allowing Katsuki to continuing pawing at his shoulders. If it makes him feel better, he won't make him stop.

He slants curiously.

"Why do you want me to say no, Kacchan?"

"So I can hear it for myself and stop myself from fallin' fer you anymore! Cause I don't wanna hurt myself anymore..." 

Katsuki's sniffles break into sobs and he falls forward to slump against Izuku's shoulder once more, presumably to hide his tears of defeat. Izuku sighs, reaching up to rub Katsuki's back in soothing circles.