"Alright, ma'am," said one of the men. He wore a black T-shirt and a pair of jeans, and was carrying a box labeled "Dishes" in big black letters.

Just as I was about to grab another box, someone pulled into the driveway next to my blue truck. The white truck seemed to be identical to my own except for the color. The driver got out, messing with the cuff of his shirt before throwing a ball cap on, sunglasses resting on it just like his father always did.

"Hey, Annie!" John greeted as he came toward me, pulling me into a tight bear hug, just as he did every time he saw me. I had to admit, John was attractive with his fiery red hair that emphasized his pale skin that he had inherited from his mother. I had always seen him as a brother, though, even though his mother had always wished we would get together. "How have you been? You know, it's been years, and I was wondering how my baby sister was doing." His blue eyes sparkled when he said this, smiling down at me while he shielded his eyes from the sun.

"I'm older than you, John," I said matter-of-factly, resting my hand on my hip and looking up at him teasingly. "And aw, you missed me?"

"I'm still taller than you, so that makes you my baby sister."

I laughed. "Whatever, Johnny!" I teased. "Alright, are you ready to get to work?"

"I told you I hate that name," he hissed, only half angry. He looked back at me before reaching over to ruffle my hair, but failed when I swatted his hand away. "And yes, Anna, I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

"Alright, let's do this," I said, ignoring his comment as I grabbed a box from the trailer while John helped one mover grab the wooden china hutch that had been my grandmother's and then my mother's before they'd passed it on to me.

"Where would you like this?" they asked, passing me.

"Oh, just set it along the wall in the living room," I said, as I set the cardboard box on the kitchen counter.

In a few hours, we had all the furniture and appliances set up in the house. All I had left to do was put away my belongings, then grab groceries at Walmart. Grabbing my wallet from my purse, I handed the movers a twenty, then waved them off as John turned to me.

"Thank you, John, for your help," I said, looking him in the eyes as I smiled appreciatively.

"You're welcome." He smiled. "Do you need help unloading the boxes?"

"Um, if you want to?"

"I'd be happy to help my baby sister with her boxes," John said as we walked back inside and shut the door behind us.

"Oh hush," I called, following him. "I hate it when you tease!"

"You know you love me!" he shot back with a grin, opening one of the many boxes that lined the kitchen counters.

Two hours later, we finished decorating my home, filling the kitchen with all its utensils and dishware, and furnishing each bedroom with its respective dresser, bed, and bedding. Plopping down on the couch, I closed my eyes in contentment as I sighed, enjoying how my home looked and felt with me and my belongings in it. I looked up at John, who was lingering in the front entryway. "Thank you, again, John."

"You're welcome. If you need nothing else, I think I'm going to head home," he said, walking toward the front door.

Jumping off the couch, I grabbed my wallet and turned to John, throwing a ten into his hand before he could open the door.