24.

CHAN'S CHEST BURNED AS he ran. For what reason, he wasn't sure- but it burned the longer he ran, the longer that he kept on through the halls.

The only thing that was keeping him from falling over because of it was the drive to get where Felix was.

The silly soul mate mind link obviously wasn't working any- at least that Chan was able to pull from it. He hadn't heard from Felix since they were essentially forced to give up.

Chan eventually tried to halt, but the lack of traction on the bottom of his worn out converse didn't serve him any justice, sending him sliding right into the wall he was trying to avoid.

"Oh, look at that, your little boyfriend and then some came to save you."

Chan turned on his heels, staring at the source of the voice. What he could only pin as rage rolled into his chest, rather than the feeling of frozen fear shoved aside by adrenaline.

"Jinyoung, let him go," he heard Minho say from the same hallway that Chan had just come down, "He didn't do anything to you. Just let him go."

They both knew the bargaining wasn't going to work. The only way that they were going to be able to get this 'Jinyoung' character to let him go, was to fight him for Felix's freedom.

Chan stepped forward- probably a bad move on his part, in hindsight -and raised his hand.

Jinyoung's hand was far faster, and Chan retracted his hand after getting hit by whatever it was Jinyoung shot at him.

"You're forgetting something," the older man taunted, "he who holds the crown holds the power. The true heir of the crown bearer is the only one with any capability to beat him."

Chan looked down at Felix- and he frankly looked defeated, tired. Changbin was behind them, laying limp on the ground.

This son of a bitch-

'Don't,' Felix's head lifted slightly, 'You'll tire yourself out. Wait. Jeonghan is the only one who can do this.'

Chan tilted his head to the side slightly, questioning what Felix had just told him, only to turn and glance down the hallway.

Could he really put off that much time? To get Jeonghan there, whatever it meant that he'd be able to help?

Does that mean that Jeonghan is-?

Felix breathed in deeply, and the man holding him jerked him slightly after he did so. 'Yes.'

The brunet bit down on his lip gently, turning and glancing down the still empty hallway before he looked right at Felix. You need to lift your feet. Now.

Felix didn't seem to ask any questions, and did what he could to lift himself off of the ground.

JYP then jerked at Felix's arms again, which forced Felix to drop his feet on to the ground. Using his muscles as a means of staying up obviously wasn't going to be the smartest idea.

You can fucking float, you fucking dumbass.

The silver haired male just blinked, and lifted his feet off of the ground slowly- this time going unnoticed by the man holding him.

Chan turned and glanced down the hall, his heart hammering in his chest before he turned back towards Felix, holding one of his arms over his back, with the other by his side, his palm facing outwards.

'What are you doing, you absolutely fool-'

He cut Felix a quick glare, the muscle in his hands tensing slightly as he kept his gaze on JYP's face.