Chapter 9

Luz Pov:

I walked out of the school down the stone path of the bright Boiling Isles.

Amity and I had scheduled an Azura book club meeting. It had been I think a day since the paper incident wherw Amity caught me in the act. And I think it's safe to say she's been keeping a very close eye on me. Enough to get her friend's asking her a million questions a second.

That's not the only thing that had me nervous though.

Amity had been acting strange lately. And not just the watching me like a hawk weird.

Luckly I was heading to meet up with her and I could ask her about it. Only thing was she could just deflect the question with the whole paper thing. Or why I've been late every day. Or why I sneak off or ask to leave in the middle of class.

I knew she noticed all of the above.

I had been going out ever time there was a mention of a robbery, shoot out, or brake in.

I had been realing in crime after crime, and I couldn't be more happy... Not for the crime's! Because I was helping society, that's all.

I had only been Spider girl for what? A month now? And Amity was already figuring me out.

Word had definitely spread about me and I was the hero of the city now.

And that definitely didn't help my case with Amity. Being the hero of the city meant people depended on me. Which lead to sneaking off more and canceling our Azura book club meeting's. And that was odd because I love Azura book club.

At some point I was going to haft to find a way to convince Amity that I was no where near being close to Spider Girl.

I walked up the steps to the library, opening the large doors.

Weaving my way through the hall's filled with people doing last minute assignments I made my way to tge romance section.

I looked around making sure nobody was in my area before pulling a book to the right.

Locks and clicks were heard before the large shelf scooted over, letting me in before closing.

Amity was sitting on a bean bag in the corner reading Azura book 5.

Our favorite book of the series.

"Took you long enough!" Amity look up rolling her eyes a bit. I could have sworn there was a slight blush on her face.

But I mean like, it is hot in there.

"What do you mean what took me so long? School ended 5 minutes ago! Speaking of that how'd you get here so fast? I walked over to the bean bags taking a seat beside her.

"I have my ways." She smiled picking up the book again looking at the page's.

She seemed really fidgety and nervous. She was tapping her finger on the side of the book, bouncing her leg up and down, and I'm pretty sure she reread the same sentence in tge book 10 times.

"Hey Ammy you okay?" I put my hand on her shoulder looking at her.

I was genuinely curious. If she was feeling stressed in any way I wanted to help. I knew what it's like to be stressed. I litarly got trapped in an alternate dimension with weird demons, never really being able to see my mother and when I did she told me I could move here, after I got an earful from her that is.

Amity's Pov:

Oh god oh god oh god.

I'm really doing this.

I really. Really... Like Luz. And I wanted to tell her.

I wasn't able to tell her at the knee, or the grudgby match, or grom... But I was doing it today!

If I was able to.

I will say Luz has been acting very strange. She's been disappearing then avoiding my questions about it.

But that wasn't going to stop me!

She was probably just nervace about school work. At least that's what I wanted to assume.

My 'friends' noticed I was watching Luz all the time and would ask me 'why are you staring at the human? You have a crush on her or something?'

Sometimes I really wish that they would disappear.

But that's why I was doing this. To get out of the popular cycle.

"Hey Ammy you okay?" Luz put her hand on my shoulder and I tenced up.

I was brought back to reality as I realised I was tapping my fingers. Not only that I'm not sure how long I was reading this one page.

"Me? Pfft! Yeah I'm fine! Ahaha! Who's Amity?"

Come on what was that?! 'Who's Amity?' I'm not that dumb.

Luz started giggling and I swear I had a heart attack.

'Cute cute cute cute cute'

"Luz I-" Titans what am I doing?

Like hell she'll say yes. Only in my imagination that would happen.

My eyes bounced from her eye's to her lips back to her eyes.

WHAT AM I THINKING!

I can't do this. I'm too much of a scaredy cat. Maybe right now is not the time. Maybe I'll get a sign when I'm supposed to tell her.

Titans if there is a day when I'm supposed to do this do something to tell me. Like, Brake my legs or something. Wait no...

"Amity are you sure I'm pretty sure you're going to brake the book with how tight you're holding it... Or kick a hole in the floor..."

I look down to realize how tight I was holding rge page's, and they were crumpling to my grasp.

I quickly let go setting to book down on the floor.

"I can fix that later." I looked back up to Luz from the book on the floor.

She was 3 inches away from my face. Maybe even less.

The candle on the desk lit up part of her face giving off a soft glow. She looked concerned for me with her eyebrows furrowed together. Her eyes shone in the dim light revealing the beautiful chocolate brown color.

'She's so beautiful.'

Everything about her was perfect to me. I didn't care that she always got in trouble, or that she was a human.

She was kind and always put others before her.

I blacked out. I didn't know what I was doing. I just let all reason escape my mind.

 I just let all reason escape my mind

Art by me.

And yes I realize Amity and Luz were drawn poorly.

This story is moving fast but that's okay!