Part 13 Rin's dream

Hey, guys! ezwriter101 here. First of all, thanks so much for reading, you have no idea how ecstatic I am to know there are people that read and enjoy what I'm writing! Second, I think that from now on, I'm going to start naming chapters. The numbers will still be there, but the chapter name will be, too. I'll write updates like this if needed, so leave comments with any confusion and I'll try to answer. Happy readings!

------------------------------------------------

(Rin dreaming)

I float down a river of blood, wind made of voices blowing away tears. It's night and I'm surrounded by forest, stars shining through the branches. Floating, listening, tears streaming down my face as I recall part events. A hawk flies overhead, circling me while I float. The wind grows stronger, the whispering louder.

Wake up

Time to wake up

Don't rest now

They need you

Keep fighting

Wake up

The whispers get louder and louder, and the tears pour out more and more. Soon, I begin to sob and cry out and scream. It feels so good to let it out. But the voices are right.

It's time to wake up.

~+~

(Rin)

I bolt up in a cold sweat, gasping for air. Tears come out before I can force them down, and I find myself crying for no reason. I'm still in my other form, the cat beast. Looking around, I see two bodies. The first is small and furry, and lying very near to me.

So Jynx did come back. I was worried that after she ran off, she was eaten or something. The other figure sits coldly with his arms crossed, looking at me with dull, yet interested onyx eyes.

Naruto! I leap to my feet and look around frantically. Finally, I spot him trying to make his way down the cliff. Above him, Kakashi fights off the last of Hashimi's drones. I sigh with relief at the fact that Naruto is unharmed. I slump to the ground, full of broken body parts, scratches, and bruises. But hey, after that fall, I should consider myself lucky to be alive.

"You're lucky" sauske said plainly "to survive a fall from that high. I swear, sometimes you're as reckless as that idiot. You should really tell him you're alright...however that works."

I nod gratefully and activate my Kuroshi Zen.

Naruto, I'm okay.

He stops his climb down to look at me, and smiles so widely I can see it from here.

Rin! I thought you were... and after saving me... I'm so glad you're okay!

Yes, naruto, but I definitely have some things to tell you.

I tell him all about my kuroshi and how it works, about what happened on the mountain, and the electric shockers in my blood stream.

Naruto, I'm sorry. I asked you to come here even though I knew it would be dangerous. When you were falling off the cliff, all I could think was that you were going to die and it would be all my fault. I'm so sorry.

Shut up.

What?

Shut up Rin! It's not your fault! I was the one who let someone take you, I was the one that went ahead of The team, and I was the one who didn't leave when you told me to, putting you in danger! If anything, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Rin.

Naruto, don't be sorry. Let's... let's just go home, okay? I just want to go home.

Okay, Rin. Let's go home.

Suddenly, pain shoots through me, placing once again in a fit of spasms.

"I'm not done with you yet!"

Hashimi comes running out of the woods with a kunai in hand, heading straight for me. I'm in too much pain to move, but I brace myself for the inevitable. Then, I remember something.

*ninko, is there some way you can stop this pain?*

*well, look who decided to talk to me. What, I'm only here when you can use me, now?*

*Ninko, this isn't the time! Unless you want to die too, I suggest you do something*

She grumpily eases the pain, but I still don't have enough time to move. However, before the pain ignites, Sauske blocks the blow.

"You brat!" Spits Hashimi "just let me kill her and gain her power!"

"If I did, that idiot Naruto would never let me hear the end of it."

They fought with kunai for a while, until I feel like I had to fight my own battles. As I was crouched and ready to pounce, Hashimi froze, a horrified look on his face, and looked straight at me.

"No" he said "m-mercy please"

I assume he saw the future, because at that moment, I pounced, dug my claws into his chest, and killed him. The moment I did, my mind cleared of things like revenge and anger, and filled itself with guilt. I killed him. I took away his life. And not even for survival, because of petty anger.

I killed him.

Just then, Naruto joined us on the ground. I looked at him shakily. Surprise and fear filled his eyes as he gazed into mine.

I... I killed him. Naruto, I killed him. I didn't want to... I...

Naruto's eyes softened and he came and hugged me.

"It's okay, Rin. Let's go home."

I've needed to hear that for so long. So long it hurts. I broke into a fit of sobs and released a mighty roar that in my mind was a scream. Naruto just stayed by my side and stroked my back. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed.
Finally, kakashi came down and we left.

I was finally going home.