Part 21 Going back

2,000 views already!! That means another dedication, and this time, it goes to marcelinewillow for the crazy spaming-my-inbox-support! Remember, guys, comments are my favorite thing in the world! Just make sure that there're only constructive criticism, not flat-out insults. Happy readings!

~+~

"Meet her?" Naruto asks "I thought she was inside you."

"She is, but there is a way to let her...come out. I let her take over my body. Don't worry, she'll give it back if I ask, but I will not be able to talk. Are you in?"

He thinks about it for a second. "You're sure it's safe for both of us?"

"I'll be really tired and probably fall asleep after, but you're the only one that knows I'm awake anyway."

"Ok. I'll meet her." He says, only slight reluctance in his voice.

"Okay, but if I do fall asleep, don't tell anyone else about Ninko. I want to tell them at the right time. You're the only one that knows."

He nods, and I relax myself.

*you're sure about this? It's not too late to convince him it's a joke.*

I'm sure. Go ahead, Ninko. I trust him.

Within seconds of agreeing, my spirit is pulled back into my mind, thrown into a landscape of my own creation for just this type of situation. I created this place a long time ago in case I needed Ninko to take over and help me in a fight, but I never thought this is what I'd use it for.

I'm near a river, flowing around glowing purple cherry trees that are always blossoming. There is a white fox to keep my mind off things, if I need it, but right now, I pay attention to what's going on between Naruto and Ninko.

(Third person POV)

Only moments after Rin's internal conversation with her demon, her outer self began to change. Her hair slid from a piercing black to a shimmering silver, and the curls loosened to become strait. Her eyes turned from golden green to a black darker than the night sky. A sparkling silver aura shrouded the being and flowed gracefully to the ground. From the moment she opened her majestic black eyes, you could tell this girl was no longer Rin.

"Hello, young one." She spoke with a flawless and graceful tone, as if she never misspoke even once in her long life. "It's nice to officially meet you, though I've known you for some time. I am the great hawk demon, though unrightfully decreed a demon. I am Ninko."

Naruto stood in silent awe, all of the fear draining from his body once he saw this beautiful transformation, replaced with the nervousness associated with speaking to royalty. "I-I'm Naruto Uzumaki, believe it."

Ninko chuckled lightly. "I know who you are. I've seen everything Rin has. We're connected. She's very precious to me, and I'm counting on you to help her when I can't, understand? She's only human and will make foolish mistakes that you may not understand, but she cares for you very much, so you must be very patient with her. Can I count on you?"

"I'll always help Rin! I'll never let her get hurt for me again!"

"That's good to hear, but I want you to show me rather than tell me. Do you have any questions for me?"

"Yeah, how come you and Rin are so close? Me and the nine tails hate each other, so how come Rin trusts you enough to let you use her body?"

"I have always guided and cared for Rin's well-being as a mother would, so I assume that's how she sees me. She grew up listening to me, and I grew to love her. You and the nine tails never even spoke, and that's probably for the better. I fear what you may have turned out as if he had provoked you in any way."