Part 11

We walked inside a small building where there was not much to be seen, but I still tried to take in every detail possible. There was a queen-bed with a large blue blanket on it, a sink in the corner of the room with a toilet not far from that. A small mini-fridge stood not far from the sink, and a microwave sat on top of it. The walls were white, and the room had many windows. I was very surprised by how bright it was in there. There was a bookshelf, too, but it only had three books. One was the bible, the other was titled "Coping with life" and the last one didn't have a name on the side, but it looked old.

"This is where you will stay" Hashimi informed me bluntly. "It's nice, is it not? I picked everything out personally to ensure your comfort."

"Nicest prison I've ever seen, but a prison none the less." I sneered.

He laughed heartily, which put me even more on edge. "Yes, it is great! And I've taken... Extra measures to ensure that you will stay here unless I come and get you. We'll meet again later tonight. Until then, I bid you adieu." He turned along with his lackey and exited the room.

Immediately, I dashed for the sink, not even bothering with a cup. I turned it on and almost immediately felt the overwhelmingly wonderful sensation of water running down my throat. Pure water, after nearly dying of dehydration, was like stepping onto land after a year at sea.

Once I gulped down what felt like a gallon of water, I lunged for the mini-fridge. It was filled with a few things; milk, bananas, string cheese, and for some reason, a TON of microwaveable meals. I gobble down all of the bananas, and make three microwaveable meals, eating until I'm thoroughly satisfied.

By the time I was done, my stomach felt 3 sizes too big for my body, but in a strangely good way. But now's not the time to relax and digest, I have to find an escape.

First, I go to the door. It's not locked, which is surprising, but as soon as I step out, I feel a slight throbbing over my body. It's doesn't exactly hurt, more like a numbness, but as I step further away from the house, the throbbing turns to aching, which turns to stinging. The further from the house I go, the more intense the pain becomes. Finally, after 100 feet, the pain is too much to bare. At least now I know my limits.

Just before going back into the building, something dashes out in front of me, nearly making me trip. At me feet is a cat. It's mostly white, but with spots of orange and black, but what I'm most drawn to is its eyes. One is an angelic blue, and the other is a burning orange/gold color. The cat is frantic, hissing at the direction it came from.

Followed by the cat is a mid-sized coyote, mostly brown with grey stripes down its nose and under the eyes, which are both a blue/grey color. It's snarling and snapping, drawing nearer and nearer.

I take a big breath and put on my most deadly face. "Get lost, you stupid mutt. You caught me at the worst time, and you don't want to see me angry."

Immediately, the coyote stops snarling and backs away whimpering. Dogs can always tell when they are in danger, and that mutt was no fool.

I looked down gingerly at the cat, who was less hissy now. It looked up at me in cautious wonder. I smirked at it.

"Damn mutt. Picking on something so much smaller. You can come in, if you want. I have food and water, and I'm not going anywhere soon."

I walked inside, and the cat followed, getting less cautious by the moment. I got some string cheese and gave it to the cat, who ate gratefully. I also got out a small bowl from under the sink, filled it with water, and gave that to the cat.

"There. Now you've got a roof over your head and a full belly. Gotta warn you, though. I'm not really the safest person to be around."

It just looked at me for a minute, as if pondering my words. Then, it purred and rubbed against my leg. I chuckled.

"Okay, but if you're going to stay, you need a name. How about... viper?" It emitted a low growl. "Okay, that one's a no. Wait, are you even a girl?" You can guess what I did to check.

"Yep, girl. Maybe... feelee?" A hiss. "Okay, definite no. Hmmm..." Man, naming a pet is harder than I thought. Then a name popped into my head. "How about Jynx?"

She looked at me with a head-tilt, but purred. I giggled. "Jynx, it is."

Then, I heard footsteps. Faint, but getting louder by the second. "Quick, out the window before they get here." Jynx hopped out as instructed. As I closed the window, Hashimi came in with his thugs behind him.

"Ah, hello my lovely. Fine evening, isn't it? Did you enjoy your free time? Oh I bet you did." I glared daggers at him., which only seemed to please him more. "So, I believe that we have some things to discuss, don't we Rin? For example, why I chose you to come here."

My glare subsides slightly. Why he chose me? So it was ME he was after, then, not just coincidence.

He continued, knowing I was interested. "Yes, you've caught me. I knew that you were the one I wanted. See, I am also a Shekeku."

A Shekeku? We're related?!? That is a disturbing thought.

"Shekeku's have a kekki genkai. But it's a little more... unique than most. See, our kekkei genkai is more unique to us. Very few of us have this ability. Its a brain kekkei genkai called 'Kuroshi' with another name behind for individual abilities. Mine is called 'Kuroshi Dai' and is a sort of future seeing. I knew where you would be. I sent Hukuni to retrieve you. Long story short, I want your power. I know you have one, I just need to find out which one. Telekinesis? Telepathy? Heightened senses? Or maybe molecular distortion?"

Kuroshi. I'll bet that's how I've been talking to Naruto.

"Or maybe, you're one of the rarest kin with two." He smirked.

"I don't understand" I state "why didn't you just tell the thug that I was the one he was suppose to get?"

"Simple. I know that if I told Hukuni to get someone who's related to me, he would have been reluctant to hurt you. So I told him what I saw him telling you. Time stuff's confusing, huh?" He chuckled.

"So what now?" I say. "Why the beautiful place to stay?"

"That's not for you to know."

"Anything else you have to tell me?"

"Yes, actually. About the kuroshi. There are six of them. Future sight, telekinesis, telepathy, molecular distortion, mind control, and heightened senses. That's Kuroshi Dai, Kuroshi yo, kuroshi zen, kuroshi wei, kuroshi te, and kuroshi mo. They all have certain advantages and consequences. For example, you have to fight for control in kuroshi te, and if you loose, they control you. And I happen to know all of the signs and weaknesses of the Kuroshi. So if you try to use yours, I'll know and kill you."

I slam my hand down on the wall. "Why are you doing this?!? What's the point? I'll never follow you!"

He chuckles slyly. "You don't have to, my dear. I'll get what I want soon enough."