"Hello Rowan are you ready for your lesson today?" Mrs. Todd asked.

"Yes, i've finished the story," i answered.

After an hour had passed Mrs. Todd left. Today i learned kinds of animals.

"Mother, may i go out for fresh air?" I asked.

"Yes, oh, and you better not be going to see that Simon kid," she answered with hatred in her voice when she said Simon's name.

"Alright," i lied. I was going to see Simon. Yea, i know i shouldn't, but i just have to see him. I ran out the door, and luckily Simon was on his front steps staring off into space. Once i was in front of him, he immediately snapped out of his daydream.

"Rowan why are you here? Aren't you going to get in trouble?" He asked.

"Yes i am, but my mum doesn't know," i answered. "Now come on before she sees me with you." I lead him towards where the big tree was, because there was a tall hedge maze a little further back from it. We entered the beautiful hedge maze. And I dragged him in many directions. I had no clue where i was going, but we just continued to run and play around, until i reached a door.

"What's that?" Simon asked.

"I don't know," i answered. "Come on let's go check it out." I pushed opened the door, and all i see is a beautiful garden.
"Woah!" I was amazed. This is beautiful.

Simon's POV

We walked through the door, and right when we walked through the door we could see a garden.

"Woah!" Rowan said in amazement. For some reason i felt like i've been here before... wait i remember. I forgot all about this place. Believe it or not there was a time when Mrs. Winegar was our friend. I was about 3 years old, so probably 9 years ago. My mother and her would come here, and bring me with them, but right after that one day when we had a picnic here she started hating us. I never knew why. When mother died i started to hate Mrs. Winegar, so i was really annoying to her.
I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when Rowan started waving her hand in my face.

"Hello? Simon?" She asked.

"Oh uh sorry. I zoned out," i answered. She begun walking the perimeter of the garden, making sure everything in the garden was seen. Out in the middle was a patch of flowers. They were all white, but one stood out, and it was a beautiful blue rose. I picked up the rose, and walked slowly over to Rowan with the rose behind my back. As i finally walked up to face Rowan i took the rose from behind my back, and held it in front of her. She took it, then she smiled at me. After a long time of looking around the garden, it was time for us to get back home. I was surprised that Rowan remembered the hedge maze so well.

"Well good night Simon. Thanks for the rose!"

"Goodnight Rowan, and you're welcome," i answered. We both walked our separate ways.

Rowan's POV

It was really late at night. I just hope that mother wouldn't be mad at me for coming home so late. I knocked on the front door, and luckily the cook opened the door for me.

"Thank you," i said walking through the front door. I tried to quietly walk up the steps, but mum was at the top of the stairs.

"Why are you home so late Rowan?" Mother questioned.

"Oh...uh i was reading a new book Mrs. Todd gave me," i stuttered.

Mum paused for a moment, and answered with a simple "alright."

Mrs. Winegar's POV

"Oh...uh i was reading a new book Mrs. Todd gave me," Rowan stuttered.

I paused. I knew that she was lying Mrs. Todd didn't assign her a book today, but i only answered "alright." But if she asks to go out tomorrow i'm going to follow her to see where she is going. The window they broke isn't the real reason that i don't like the Browns. Ok maybe a little bit, but when Simon was only about 3 years old, his mother and i would go to a secret garden in the hedge maze somewhere. We had a picnic there. Simon was also there, but that time his other siblings weren't born yet. When i got back from the picnic i noticed that my bracelet was missing. My mother gave it to me. You see my mother died when i was only 15 years old, so the bracelet meant a lot to me. The next day after the picnic i see Mrs. Brown is wearing a bracelet with a bead that looked exactly the same to mine. Do you think it's a coincidence that i lose my bracelet, and the next day someone wears a bead that is exactly the same from my bracelet? I begun not liking them. And that's the reason for my hatred towards the Brown family.

Rowan's POV

After i finished taking a bath, and eating supper i went straight to bed because i wanted to send airplanes to Simon. After a while as if on time, there was a pebble thrown at my window.

'Hey Rowan.'

'Hey Simon. Do you want to go to the garden again tomorrow?' I wrote.

'Yea sure same time tomorrow?'

"Yea." I wrote.

We continued sending random messages to each other until i begun feeling drowsy. Like last night i wrote 'night,' and that ended our little conversation.

 Like last night i wrote 'night,' and that ended our little conversation

Thank you all so much for 600 reads and                      22 votes!