16.

Rowan's POV

Rowan's POV

I didn't really see Simon yesterday, so i'm going to go see him today. I got dressed into a pink and blue dress, and didn't bother to brush my hair, so i just put it into a side ponytail.

"Good morning mom and dad," i greeted as i walked down the stairs.

"Hey sweetie, where are you going today?" Father asked.

"May i go see Simon?" I asked.

He raised his eyebrows at me, "you have awfully been spending a lot of time with him lately..."

I blushed deep red.

He smirked, "i'm just kiddin, Simon's a good kid, i trust him," Father said which made me blush a deeper red. "Of course you can go see him."

"Here sweetie eat some breakfast first," mother came into the living room. Together we walked to the dining table to enjoy some pancakes. Dad cracked some jokes, while mother and i laughed.

"Now may i go see him?" i asked as i finished washing my dishes.

"Yes, of course," mother smiled. I walked out the door, the warm summer air hitting my skin, immediately. I walked over to Simon's house. I knocked quietly, and Tora opened the door.

"Hey, Rowan!" She greeted.

"Hey, Tora! How's your father, so far?" I asked.

She looked down and sighed, "not well, ever since Evangeline left."

"Oh," i muttered. After, standing there for a couple minutes she finally invited me in. I sat on their couch.

"So, i'm guessing you came to see Simon," she asked raising her eyebrows with a slight smirk. I only nodded my head. "I'll go get him," she said overly excited. About 5 minutes later a ver tired looking Simon walked down the stairs. His hair was disheveled, he had bags under his eyes, and his eyes were bloodshot, almost as if he hasn't slept for days. Once he saw me he only glared at me. I looked at him confused. He sat at the opposite end of the couch.

"Hey," i muttered. He never answered which made me kind of sad. We continued to sit in awkward silence. "Are you mad at me?" I asked. He looked over at me, and his face softened, but then became cold and harsh again. He only nodded at my question.

"Why?" He continued to ignore me. "The silent treatment, huh?" I asked with a smirk. He looked over at me, confusion written across his face. I immediately jumped up and pinned him to the floor, and started tickling him crazily. He tried to not laugh, but failed miserably as laughs came out his mouth. "Now answer me, why are you mad?"

He shook his head, still trying not to laugh. I tickled him even more. "Tell me," i pouted. He shook his head and turned over, so now he pinned me to the floor.

"How would you like it if i tickled you," he smirked. He tickled me and i began laughing hard. "Stop," i pleaded while laughing. He finally helped me off the floor, right after he got up.

"Now, can you please tell me," i whined giving him the puppy eyes.

He was hesitant, "fine. I- i WasJelousThatYouWereHangingOutWithBlake," he said in one breath.

"What?" i asked.

"Why were you with Blake yesterday?" He asked.

I laughed, "really? This is what you are mad about?" I asked, but his face was serious. "I was only trying to make friends, i promise i don't like him," i said. "I was being nice to him, because he gets neglected by his parents." Simon sighed in relief.

"Promise?" He asked.

"Promise," i reassured him. I gave him a quick peck on the lip, and instantly he blushed crimson. "Now, go freshen up you look terrible," i giggled.

He nodded and ran upstairs. Tora ran down the stairs, "honestly you two are so adorable!" She exclaimed. I laughed. We sat on the couch and talked about random things until Simon ran down, looking a lot better than he did a couple minutes ago. Tora smirked at me then, at Simon. "I'm just gonna leave you two alone now," Tora grinned walking away.

I walked over to Simon and took his hand in mine, i laced our fingers together and walked out the door, with Simon trailing behind. Together we walked into the garden. The fairy lights were still there. I sat down patting the spot next to me indicating for him to sit down. He sat around and instantly put his arms around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. We stared off into space. It was just peaceful silence, us enjoying each others company.

"Rowan?"

"Yes?"i asked looking into his chocolate brown eyes.

"I- i think i'm in love with you..."

*crawls out of shell*

Hey pink turtles🐢 (that's what imma call you guys, because everyone likes turtles!)Anyway
sorry for weird updates. Spring break messed up my update schedule. Anyway, i know this story isn't really getting anywhere, BUT i promise that it'll be a lot better later on. Thanks for reading. Vote, Comment, and Share... if you want to.

*crawls back into shell*