The Almost Confession

+ huge plot twist at the end...+ 

C A M E R O N   D A L L A S 

I sat up all night thinking of the conversation Sierra and I had, yesterday. 

"Are you gonna tell her?" I whisper, softly.

"Tell who, what?" Sierra asks, groggily. I forgot to mention I woke her up from her nap- she was still pretty jet-lagged.

"Tell mom I'm..." 

"Gay?" She finished for me.

"Yeah." 

"No," She said turning away from me.

"What? What do you mean 'no'?" 

"I mean, I want you to tell her.'' Her back still towards me.

"Good."  I sigh. 

"Cool, now can I sleep?" She groans.

"Sorry," I mutter walking out of her old room- which she was obviously staying in.

So, now, all I have to do is wait for the right time. Which may or may not take a while. 

Someone knocked on my door, "Cameron, someone's here for you." Sierra's voice sounded through the door. 

"Coming." I yell back.

I checked the time, and saw that it was only ten thirty. I know only one person that would wake up and be ready this early in the morning.

Sydney.

I slip on a shirt and basketball shorts, and head downstairs. I see Syd having a conversation with Sierra. 

"It was nice to see you again, Sydney." 

"It really was, I don't see enough of you anymore." 

Sierra shrugged, "What can I say?" She gave Sydney a hug, and then went back upstairs. 

"You didn't tell me your sister was in town." Sydney said, helping herself to some coffee. 

"She flew in yesterday. There was no time."

"So, what you're really saying is; you forgot." 

"Yeah, pretty much." I sigh. 

She laughs, and sits next to me, "Does she know?" Syd asked in a low voice. 

I blush, and look at my hands which were in my lap, "Yeah, she does." 

"Alright. Well, get up. We're leaving." Sydney told me. 

"What?"

"Get up. We're leaving." She said slower this time, as if that would clarify anything. 

"I understand that, but where are we going?" 

"The mall." 

"The mall?" 

"The mall. You're gonna need some nice clothes for when you tell Shawn you like him." She said dragging me out of the house.

"I already told you, Syd! I'm not telling him!" I say, refusing to move another step. 

"Yeah, whatever. If you don't, you're gonna regret it." 

"Well, at least let me change!" I argue. 

She rolls her eyes, and pushes me in the passenger seat of her car, "You look fine!"