A Night in the Town

S H A W N   M E N D E S

After lunch I went to class. Journalism. I met so many people there. Cam wasn't in that class, and neither were Matt and Sydney. So I was alone. But I didn't really mind. What I did mind though, was the fact that I was alone. With Natalia.

At first I didn't think she was that bad. Just a little flirty.

But then I heard what she did to Cameron. And an anger started burning in the pit of my stomach. Cam is a pretty good guy. From what I've seen. He is well-liked at this school. And I've never seen him say anything douche baggy to anyone.

Yet.

Natalia sat down next to me and for a good two minutes, she didn't say anything. I actually thought I could get through this.

Boy was I wrong.

"Hey, Shawn, right?"

We both know damn well she remembered my name.

"Uh, yeah. Natalie right?" I say, looking as serious as possible. Of course I know her name. I just wanna mess with her. Show her I'm not interested.

"Natalia. But Natalie is cool too."

Well, that backfired.

"Oh. My bad."

"It's fine. So. Canada, right?"

"Yep."

The shorter the reply the more she'll lose interest.

"So, tell me about yourself."

You know, if she wasn't such a bitch, she'd be alright.

"Not much to tell."

"Oh come on. Someone like yourself should have something to share."

"Why the hell do you care so much?" I finally snapped.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

If she was anyone else, I would have apologized immediately. But I need her off my back. Fifteen minutes into the class period, someone threw a piece of crumpled up paper on my desk.

Written in really neat handwriting and in pink ink said;

Sorry if I offended you earlier. I just wanted to get to know you.

xox

Natalia

DAMN GIRL.

I looked over at her desk and she mouthed the word 'sorry'. I smiled at her and then turned back around.

I really need a lesson in jerk-ocity.

xxxxx

After class ended I headed to my locker. And you'll never guess who followed me.

That's right, Natalia.

"So. What's your next class. Maybe I can help you find it?" She suggested.

"Uh, no thanks."

"Alright. Well if you ever need any-"

"What the hell are you doing here?" Cameron says cutting her off.

"It's a free country Cam Bam. I can do whatever I want and go where ever I want." She shot back.

It's like she has a new name for Cameron every time she sees him.

"Well. Not near my friends Natalia."

She sighs, "Cam. I'm just trying to be nice, okay?"

"No! You and nice, don't go in the same sentence. Now leave."