It's a Date!

S H A W N    M E N D E S 

 After last night, I knew these guys are gonna be my best friends. Especially Cameron. He has a certain vibe to him and he brings it with him everywhere. It's infectious. 

I had about an hour and a half before Cam comes to pick me up for school. I took a shower, and picked out my clothes. I chose a Canada sweatshirt and a pair of black jeans. I did my hair and walked out of my room. 

Aaliyah was awake today, and she had a couple friends over.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask her. 

"We have to get in early today for a make up test. Hailey's mom couldn't drive her, so mom's taking us." 

Hailey was a skinny girl, who was wearing a lot of make up for an eighth grader. (A/N let's pretend Aaliyah is in eighth grade kool.) She has long brown hair and dark eyes. I honestly can't tell what color they are. 

"I'm Hailey."  She clarifies.

Yeah I got that.

"Nice to meet you Hailey. I'm Shawn." 

"You're hot."

Nice subtlety. Let's applaud you for that.

"okay, let's go over here, in that corner." Aaliyah says dragging Hailey away.

"What's in the corner?" 

"Not my brother!"

There were other girls, but they didn't notice me mostly because they were in the living room, and we were in the kitchen.  

I grab an apple and bite into it. I was looking through the kitchen window, looking at absolutely nothing, waiting for Cameron to show up, when someone tapped my shoulder. I turn around and come eyes to chest ( I'm the chest) with a girl about Aaliyah's age.

She had blonde hair with red tips. She had blue eyes and she was also really skinny. 

"Who are you?" She asks me.

I could say the same thing.

"Shawn. Aaliyah's brother."

"I've never seen you before." 

"That's because I used to live with our dad." 

"You're cute." 

Do you guys have a hint of subtlety in you little children bodies? 

"Uh-"

"All the girls are gonna come after you." She interrupted. "Better de-attractify yourself."

Is that even a word? 

"Um.." 

"Well, I'll give you a couple minutes to yourself before the girls come in here and rip you to shreds trying to find samples of your DNA."

Damn, she's blunt. 

She offers me a small smile, before walking back out to the living room. 

I take a final bite of the apple before tossing the core in the trash. I wash my hands, and head into the living room, where surely enough, a bunch of 13 year old were staring me down.

I started to feel quite uncomfortable. And I could tell Aaliyah was a little uncomfortable as well. She's never had this happen to her. 

Not that this is my fault or anything.

A soft chorus of 'who's that?' and 'he's so hot' went around the room. 

"Guys this is Shawn, my brother. Shawn, this is Cassie, Allison, Leah, Emily, Grace, and you know Hailey."