How'd You Know?

C A M E R O N   D A L L A S 

I woke up really early- 7:30, which, yes, in my book is really early. I looked over and saw that Shawn was still asleep. I took this as my chance to leave. 

I really, really like Shawn. But I don't want Shawn to know that I like Shawn. 

Make sense? 

And practically sleeping on him, won't help. 

I slip on my shoes and slowly open the door, keeping in mind that Shawn was passed out on the couch. I walk out the door, and under the bright California sun.

I look around to try and find my car, but then realize that I don't have it.

"Damn it." I mumble.

I decide to take it on foot, considering  my house wasn't too far. 

I think back to last night- which may or may not have been perfect. At one point Shawn's head slipped from underneath mine, and rested on my chest. 

I ran a hand through my hair, and tried to find my house. Which was a lot harder than I thought. There are a lot more houses in this neighborhood than I remember. 

I finally make my way home, and quietly walk through the door, even  though I know my mom is most likely awake.

And she was.

"Cameron! Good, you're home. Now go get changed." She said. 

"What? Why? Where could we possibly be going at eight in the morning?" 

"Sierra's coming today, Cameron. I can't believe you forgot!" 

Oh, crap.

"Uh, I didn't. I was just... messing with you." I say, running up the stairs. 

I ran into my room and tried to find something at least semi clean in the large pile of clothes in the corner of my room. 

I ended up wearing a black t-shirt and khaki skinny jeans. I did my hair, and put on some cologne. 

I haven't seen my sister since she graduated, and that was a couple years ago. I was excited to see Sierra. She was always a great older sister. But she did tease me a lot. 

Like, a lot. 

I walked back downstairs, and sat down to eat a quick breakfast before we left.

My mom was upstairs getting ready, so I was alone.

I guess it's for the best, though. My mom and I have never really had a tight knit relationship. It always got kind of awkward when we talked.

But when Sierra is here, we always have fun together. Which is another reason I'm excited about her visiting.

My mom walked into the kitchen while I was putting my dish into the sink.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, let's go." She handed me the keys, and we left the house.

She sat in the passenger seat, and waited for me to start the car. Once I did, I slowly backed out of the drive way.

"So what happened last night? Matthew called me, saying you won't be home til morning."

"Yeah, we were at Shawn's place watching a movie, and I guess I fell asleep."

She nodded her head, and with that, the conversation died as quick as it was born. To fill the awkward silence, I turned the radio on, and soft Ed Sheeran music filled the car.