I Know Him

C  A  M  E  R  O  N      D  A  L  L  A  S

I knew that Shawn wasn't as okay as he said he was- I wouldn't be. But he doesn't want to talk about, because that would involve him telling us.

And he obviously doesn't want to tell us.

Matthew was taking us all to our houses to get bathing suits- I'm not sure why, he still won't tell us where we're going.

Shawn was staring out the window- the same thing he's been doing the entire ride.

"Are you sure you're alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

I think before I answer, "You seem a little upset."

"Nope, all is well," he laughed.

"Okay," I say, not at all convinced.

We pull up in front of Sydney's house, she was the last one before we went where ever Matt was taking us.

"Oh my gosh, she's taking forever!" Matthew groaned.

Sydney ran back to the car and climbed in. Majority of the car ride was pretty quiet- it was kind of scary, considering we were all loud people. Well, us more than Shawn.

"Matthew, where are we going?" Sydney speaks up.

"You'll see," he smirks.

Matthew continued to drive.

"You know where he's going?" I ask Shawn.

"Hey, I just moved here," Shawn said.

Matthew took a couple more turns and soon pulled into a gravelly parking lot.

"Where the hell are you taking us?" Sydney asked.

"Oh, calm down, it's a lake. My parents used to take me here all the time, and I figured it was a chill place to go- I'm not going to kill you, I swear."

He led us through a small walkway, and we came up behind a large lake house.

"How come we've never been here before?" I ask, looking around at, what I assume, is Matthew's lake house.

Matt just shrugged and muttered a "Not sure."

Alright.

The lake house was huge- to say the least.

It was right on the lake, and there were two small boats docked in front of it. There were steps leading to the porch- with a swing. The doors were screen doors, and once Matthew opened said doors, he led us each to a different room so we could change.

The room he sent me to, was a large room shaped sort of like a pentagon. Majority of the wall was a large bay window, looking onto the water. The walls were white and the bed spread was light blue.

I quickly changed and met the guys in front of the house.

"Okay, what do you wanna do first?" Matthew asked, expecting us to answer right away- as if we've been here before.

As if our blank stares were answers enough, Matthew suggested jet skiing.

"It's my favorite thing to do here," he said.

He led us down to the jet ski rental area, and rented two jet ski's.

"We'll take turns. Who wants to go first."

All four of us exchanged looks and decided that Sydney and Matt were going first, since neither Shawn or I have done this before.

We sat in the sand while Matthew helped Sydney on the jet ski.