Memories In The Mist

In Pop Village, The Leaders, Olyfio, Cooper, Branch And Z Walking Through Misty Meadows.

"So Why Are We In Misty Meadows?" Delta Asked.

"Because Today's A Very Special Day." Poppy Answered.

"What's So Special About Today?" Trollzart Asked.

"Because Today's The Day Fini Comes To Pop Village!" Poppy Said.

"What's A Fini?" Trollex Asked.

"Not What. Who. Fini's A Legendary Creature Who Has The Power To Create A Magical Mist." Branch Stated.

"What's So Magical About The Mist?" Barb Asked, Confused.

"Legend Says That Fini's Mist Has The Power To Allow Trolls To Meet Those Who Have Passed On From This World." Z Explained, Which Alarmed Essence.

"You Mean We Can Meet Dead People?!" Barb Asked, Excited.

"Yeah." Cooper Answered.

"Why Didn't You Say Anything From The Start?!" Barb Asked.

"Well, It's Not That Easy." Branch Said.

"What Do You Mean?" Prince D Asked.

"You Have To Be Cautious. There Have Been Those Who Have Not Come Back From The World Within Fini's Mist, Where This World And The Intersect. When They Finally Are Reunited With Those They Wish To Meet, The Inevitable Second Parting That They Must Face Becomes All The More Painful." Olyfio Explained.

"What Does That Mean?" Trollzart Asked, A Little Scared.

"What Olyfio Means That Whoever Can't Endure That Pain... They'll Be Trapped Within The Mist Forever." Branch Stated.

"Sorry, I... I Need To Be Alone A Bit." At That, Essence Quickly Walked Away.

Z And Prince D Looked At Each Other, Confused. Then, Z Asked, "Does Mom Have Someone She Wants To See?"

"Probably. She Looked Like Wanted The Same Thing." Prince D Said.

Quincy Said, "Back When Your Mother Was Young, Your Grandmother Got Really Sick." He Walked Away To Follow Essence. 

"Want Us To Come With You?" Prince D Asked.

"I Got This!" Quincy Said.

***

Quincy Was Sitting Next To Essence By The River.

Quincy Said, "Your Mom. Would You Like To See Her Again? Of Course You Would..."

"No, I Don't!" Essence Said.

"Huh?"

Essence Just Sat There Quietly, Remembering The Last Time She Had Fun With Her Mother.

***

Six Year Old Essence And Her Mother, Aretha, Was Walking Through Vibe City.

"Oh, Mommy, I've Been Looking Forward To Our Fun Girls Day Today For Such A Long Time!" Essence Said.

"Me Too. I Just Wish It Could've Been Sooner." Aretha Said.

"That's Okay. You Were In Hospital Getting Better!" Essence Stated.

"I Feel Bad That I Got Sick." Aretha Said.

"Come On. I Get Sick Too! I Forgot To Tell You! I Got Sick And Went To The Hospital The Other Day With Uncle Mark!" Essence Said As They Stopped Walking.

"I Know. Mark Told Me Everything. You're So Brave! He Told Me You Took All Of Your Medicine!" Aretha Stated As Kneeled Down To Essence Height.