Chapter 14

{Well then! I see your all just so undecided so I'll ask again later *massive sarcasm* XD So yes I will be doing more chapters! This chapter hasn't changed though, it just won't be the last}

The train ride back to Magnolia was filled with Avery getting to know the mages of Fairy Tail. She was glued to Gajeels side as she met each one, though Natsu had frightened her at first with his boundless energy. Lucky for her though, his motion sickness took him out of the picture. She adored her father's friend, love Erzas magic, and Gray had made her a butterfly made of ice. Lucy summoned plue for the girl to meet and play with, and Wendy had been kind enough to lone her a dress so she wouldn't have to wear the filthy rags. The person she adored most of all, was Levy. The young woman read to her, as she had never learned properly after being taken, and she loved the stories.

They were less than an hour away from Magnolia, and Avery was dozing on Gajeels lap. He simply watched her sleep, gently stroking her hair. "She's a great kid." Gajeel looked up to Levy as she sat across from him and smiled slightly. "Yeah, she's something else." He said quietly as Avery snuggled closer in her sleep. Levy giggled softly as she smiled. They looked up as Erza approached, "We're nearly at Magnolia." She said quietly and Gajeel nodded.

Erza left as he gently shook Averys shoulder. He had learned the first night to be gentle and careful when waking her, as she woke up screaming otherwise. He had asked Erza about it, and she assured him the trauma would eventually fade. She was surprised the girl could sleep without nightmares.  Even gentle, she jolted slightly in her sleep, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. "We're almost there squirt." He said gently and she nodded, stretching with a yawn. Soon the train pulled into the station and the mages stepped onto the platform, thankful to finally be home. The trek to the guild was a short one, and Avery took in all the sights. It had been seven years since she had been in the normal world, and it was nearly too much for her. She kept a tight grip on Gajeels arm, staying plastered to his side.

Just outside the guild doors she stopped, and Gajeel looked down at her. "What's wrong?" He asked. Avery stared at the doors before answering her father. "I'm scared." She stated. She hated to admit it, she had spent years trying to be strong, but she was still a child. There was so much to take in, and she felt dizzy. She also worried that the rest of her dad's friends wouldn't like her. Avery remembered bits from his previous guild, Phantom Lord. He always spoke about how she must never go near them, and never took her to the guild. Now here he was, leading her through the front door. It was too new, and it frightened her.

Gajeel turned to face her fully, kneeling in front of her and gently taking her tiny hands. "This place isn't like Phantom." He said, as if reading her mind. "These people are kind and fun. I know you'll like it here, like a second home." He gave her a smile. He didn't see them, but his friends near by stared at him wide eyed. They had never heard the iron dragon speak so fondly of their guild, and it made them feel warm inside. "I would love to introduce you to everyone, especially Master Markarov. But if you really don't want to, I can take you home. Whatever you want Avery." He smiled at her and pat her hair affectionately.

Avery smiled at her father before looking up at her new friends. They were all smiling and waiting patiently, Avery thought for a moment. She finally decided that if the rest of the guild were even half as kind as the people in front of her, she was ready. "Let's go! Gihihi!" Avery said with a laugh. Lucy and Levy tried their hardest not to fawn over the girls imitation of her father's laugh. Gajeel grinned and stood, taking on of her hands in his. Finally, Natsu threw open the doors. "We're home!" He shouted as they strode inside. The explosion of noise startled Avery, who hid partially behind Gajeel. She looked down as something touched her leg, and Pantherlily smiled reassuringly at her.

Once she was ready, Gajeel lead her through the crowd of people to the bar where he could see master Markarov. He stopped in front of the small man, everyone around them having gone quiet. The master smiled widely at the dragon slayer, who returned it easily. Those around them blinked in surprise at the ease on his face. Markarov hopped off the bar to stand in front of Avery, who was still half behind her father. "Hello there young lady," He said with a soft smile. "H-hello." She stammered out. "Your father has told me a lot about you, and I have looked forward to the day when he found you again." Markarov said.  "Who's her father?" Cana asked, who was sitting on the bar beside them.

"I am." Gajeel said without hesitation. There was a beat of silence before the noise of surprise exploded. "You didn't tell them?" Gajeel asked the master. "Wasn't mine to tell." He said simply as he climbed onto the bar again. Once the crowd had calmed down, the group of mages explained their mission and Averys story. It was late into the afternoon by the time they had finished, and everyone looked at the iron dragon slayer in a different light now. Avery had eventually came out from behind him, but did not stray from his side.  "Your an idiot." Cana slurred, causing the slayer to raise an eyebrow. "If you would have told us we could have helped you! We've all taken jobs out that way, surely someone would have noticed something." She explained. "This wasn't long after the fight with Phantom, I didn't think anyone would help me." Gajeel defended.

"It's all over with now." Mirajane said sweetly. Markarov nodded, "Mira is right. Now, I have a question for you young lady," He turned to Avery. The girl squirmed a but under everyone's gaze. Markarov smiled, "Would you like to join Fairy Tail?" Avery blinked at him in surprise, and Gajeel choked on his beer. "No need to answer now, you can your time to think on it ok?" Avery nodded slightly with a smile. "Now, in celebration. Lets party!"

{Should Fairy Tail get a new Dragon Slayer?  Another vote!}