Chapter 2

{ First few chapters will be time skipy, need to get through the GMG!}

"Welcome back guys!" Mirajane called from behind the old bar. Gajeel and Pantherlily had just returned from one of the few missions that had been posted. Gajeel used it as an opportunity to scout out new towns and try to get word on any dark guilds. He stopped briefly at the bar to grab a beer before sitting in a far corner. He pulled out two maps, one old and worn, while another was crisp and new. Gajeel began making notations and notes on each map, making them nearly identical. "Hey Gajeel!" A sweet voice said in front of him, and it made him tense ever so slightly.

"Hey Shrimp." He glanced up at the bluenette. She smiled sweetly before sitting across from him and immediately opening her book. That was one of the things he liked about Levy, she wasn't nosey. He turned his attention back to his maps as the evening dragged on. When things were supposed to be quieting down, Master Markarov made an announcement.

"Listen up brats!" He shouted from his spot on the bar. "We will be participating, in the Grand Magic Games!" There were several gasps from around the room. "Master no, we won't win! We've come in last every year!"Macao shouted. "Dad we'll win this year! We've got Natsu and the others too! Fairy Tail can be at the top again!" Romeo shouted. "Have you forgotten how Natsu lost to Max already?!" Macao retorted,  earning several laughs from the surrounding mages. "We have three months for the Tenrou group to train. Afterwards I will announce the team that will participate."

Gajeel stopped listening as they went on, I don't have time for such nonsense. "Gajeel, Masters calling for you." Levy said softly, causing the man to glance up. "Go on, I'll finish this." Lily offered, snatching his pen. Gajeel sighed and got up, following the small man to his temporary office. Markarov sat on the old desk and was quiet for a moment. "Gajeel, I want you to participate in the games." He stated simply. Gajeel surpressed a growl, "Master I don't have time. Iv already lost so much time on the island." He said, crossing his arms.

Markarov was quiet for a moment. "Tell me Gajeel, if you did find the guild that took her, would you be able to fight them? Dark mages that have seven years of power on you?" Gajeel gritted his teeth. He didn't want to admit it, but Markarov was right. "Train for the games, participate. You will be stronger for it, and maybe you might hear something in Crocus." He said gently. "Gildarts has already left, and I have asked him to look while he is gone. Don't worry, he doesn't know who Avery is." He added at Gajeels look. The dragon slayer sighed, "Fine. Gives me a chance to beat Salamander anyway." He smirked, causing Markarov to laugh. "That's the spirit! Now off with you."

Gajeel headed back for his table where Lily was folding up the maps. "Lily, you ready to get started on training?" The exceed raised an eyebrow but nodded, knowing his partner would explain later. "Can I train with you guys?" Levy asked excitedly. Gajeel looked at the bluenette. He wouldn't mind having the girl train with him, and he also wanted time with her. But he also knew he couldn't focus around her. "Sorry Shrimp, it's secret training and it's gonna be intense." He said with a smirk, causing her to frown. He ruffled her hair, causing a small blush to form on her cheeks. Heading home with Lily, Gajeel explained what the master has said and the exceed agreed. The next day, they left for their three month training camp.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

The guild hall was strangely empty, save for six people. "You've all been training hard for three months." Markarov said to the gathered mages. "You will be team B, giving us an extra edge. Also, no one else know that you will all be entering. Especially you, Mystogan." The man nodded, his face shielded by his mask. The Master smiled, "This is Fairy Tails time to take Fiore by storm!

{These chapters are painfully short, I'm so sorry but iv got to lead up to the main point.}